Debate Topics for Kids: Debate for kids is very healthy. Kids like to compete, and it’s hard for them to concentrate on one topic for a long time.
It is always good to engage the children through several activities. You can do this through interesting debate topics for kids.
There are several topic debates for kids that you can engage them in. Simple debate topics for kids will make them develop communication skills, imagination, and opinions on some topics.
Below you will find some topics that children are always interested in.
Debate Topics for Kids
1. Should we stop space exploration?
2. Should You Save Your Allowance or Spend It All Away?
3. Do we need better role models for our generation?
4. Can we replace teachers with robots?
5. Aliens are not real
6. Are vampires real?
7. Are virtual video games good for younger kids?
8. Are social media platforms harmful to kids?
9. Are Zoos Beneficial to Animals in Any Way?
10. Can you live with one good friend for a lifetime?
11. Bottled water is harmful
12. Holiday breaks should be increased?
13. Mobile phones in school should be banned
14. Should they increase or decrease the age for voting, smoking, and/or drinking?
15. Grading system should be abolished in schools
16. Has Walt Disney done better for mankind than William Shakespeare ever did?
17. Homework is good for students
18. Is Exploring Space Important
19. Is it acceptable for society to put someone to death?
20. Do you consider privacy to be a privilege or right?
Read: Debate Topics for High School
Debate Topics for Elementary Students
1. Public school vs Private school
2. School uniforms are good or bad
3. Should animal testing be legal or illegal?
4. Was Barrack Obama a good or bad president?
5. Is There A Need To Have Junk Food in The School Cafeteria?
6. Is there life after death?
7. Junk food eating is not good
8. Can kids go anywhere they wished with their friends?
9. Is it alright to purchase any items you want with your allowance or your own money?
10 Is marriage an outdated concept? Is co-habitation the new replacement for marriage?
Read: Fun Topics for Presentations
Debate Topics for Children
1. Are school uniforms a good or bad idea?
2. Can parents be punished for their kids’ mistakes?
3. Vegetarian food is better than non-vegetarian food
4. Video games are not good for children
5. Should the death penalty be banned across the world?
6. Does beauty or brains get you ahead in life?
7. Does There Need to Be A Change in The Age For Voting?
8. God: myth or reality
9. Is rap music a means to express one’s individuality?
10. Life exists after death
11. Is peer pressure beneficial or harmful?
12. Is protesting a justified behavior to break the law?
13. Is public humiliation an acceptable punishment for criminals?
14. Should junk food be banned from schools?
15. Smoking should be banned
16. Should kids be allowed to watch PG-13 or R-rated movies?
17. Should there be any zoos in the world?
18. Social media and students
19. Should the school change the hours from morning to 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.?
20. Good grades are a sign of a good student
Read: Debate Topics for Middle School
Debate Questions for Kids
1. Are kids expected to perform chores around the house?
2. Which one is better: online classes or traditional classes?
3. Age is important when a kid is joining the school.
4. Running and swimming, which one is the better mode of exercise?
5. All children should be given equal chances to choose their preferred schools
6. Are oil and coal bigger threats than a country having nuclear weapons?
7. Human beings are more dangerous than wild animals.
8. Is the use of atomic bombing in wars justified?
9. What is the permissible age for tattoos and piercings?
10. What’s the importance of the Olympics?
11. What’s the meaning of beauty? Is it only skin deep?
Read: Elocution Topics for Kindergarten
12. Which is better, television or books?
13. Will computers replace teachers?
14. Are we losing the fight against terror?
15. Are beauty pageants more harmful than beneficial?
16. Is not education important in wealth creation?
17. Which one is better wealth or education?
18. Should poor people receive allowances from the government to meet their basic needs?
19. Between a dog and a cat which one is a better pet?
20. Better to travel by train than the plane.
Read: School Speech Topics – High School, Middle School, Elementary
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.