Debate Topics On Education: There are many ongoing issues that affect the education systems across the globe. These issues can for good education debate topics that help students have a better understanding of the issues. A good debate topic on education can be selected based on interest. Below are topics that will help you have an engaging debate.
Debate Topics On Education
1. A high drop-out rate in school indicates poor quality of education
2. The current education system does not adequately prepare students for transition into the workforce
3. Parental involvement in their children’s education improved their performance.
4. Does standardized testing have positive or negative effects on students’ development and education?
5. Government-funded students should only attend public schools
6. A teacher’s tenure should be renewed based on performance
7. Private schools offer quality than public education
8. Sex education should be made mandatory
9. Learning in a traditional classroom is better than online classes.
10. It is a parent’s mandate to discipline their child and not the school.
11. Homework should be abolished
12. A teacher with good character is better than a teacher with good skills
13. The current school funding is not equitable
14. Schools should dwell more on STEM subjects compared to liberal art.
Debating Topics About Education
1. Online education creates inequality in access to education
2. Global education inequalities will never end.
3. Schools are not to blame for the increased stress and anxiety among students
4. Increased use of technology in education kills students’ creativity and critical thinking
5. Schools should abolish all the careers that are being replaced by AI
6. The use of robot teachers will produce better performance than normal teachers.
7. A college degree is not necessary to be successful in life.
8. Students loans should be interest-free
9. Boarding schools should be abolished
10. Students in mixed schools are develop better interpersonal skills than those in single-sex schools
12. Education should be free.
13. Fast foods should not be availed in schools
14. Bullying will never end in schools
15. Boys perform better in STEM subjects than girls.
Educational Debate Topics
1. Project-based assessments are better than standardized testing
2. Homework contributes to a learner’s improved performance
3. Preschool and elementary schools should not use technology in class
4. Is homeschooling better than traditional schooling
5. Academic performance is better than character development.
6. Physical education is not necessary for the school’s curriculum
7. Someone with a college degree is more likely to become successful than one without
8. Should police be present in schools to defend students in case of a dangerous event
9. Teachers should be among the highest-paid professionals.
10. Students who learn a second language are better placed in the job market than those without.
11. Public prayers should be allowed in schools.
Conclusion: Debate Topics On Education
As you have your education debate topic remember to address the important issues. Each debating team good understanding of the topic and prepare adequately.
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.