Accounting Dissertation Topics: Accounting is a very interesting subject. If you are doing accountancy and finance at one time you might be required to write an accounting dissertation.
You can be a university student or doing your PhD. If you are wondering what accounting and finance dissertation topics to write about then your worry ends here.
Scroll down to check some interesting ideas for accounting dissertation topics. These ideas will make a great thesis paper.
Accounting Dissertation Topics
1. Accounting for digital transactions
2. Evolution of Auditing Theory and methodology
3. performance enhancement of accounting control bodies in municipalities
4. Using accounting information systems to Improve the quality of reporting
5. A risk-based approach to control to minimize suspicious transactions in commercial banks
6. Enhancing accounting methods for digital transactions.
7. Coordination and harmonizing accounting in the context of economic unions
8. Role of internal control systems in promoting accurate accounting records
9. Emerging accounting procedures.
10. History of double-entry bookkeeping in the first century.
11. Accounting and control processes in the digital economy
12. Cost accounting in organizations with seasonal nature of the activity
13. Disclosure of social obligations in the financial statements of the organization
14. Accounting for work-in-progress
15. A detailed study of the relationship between CEO qualities and stock performance
16. A detailed study of the concept of textual analysis while reading financial statements all over the globe
Accounting Dissertation Topics Ideas
1. What is the various decision supports available through electronic accounting systems?
2. Role of accounting information in affecting the cost of capital within a large business framework.
3. Structure of the ideal framework for accounting information systems in the case of multinational cooperatives
4. Roles of cloud computing and data management for accounting information systems.
5. Aspects of the double-entry bookkeeping model
6. Key challenges faced in incorporating both financial and management accounting in the service sector.
7. The financial reporting requirements for non-profit accounting.
8. The effects of the existing tax system in your country on the people of lower-income groups.
9. The dichotomies presented by Just In Time methodology and Activity-Based Costing?
10. Benefits of sensible investing: a study of how it affects the growth of a business
11. Valuation for mergers and acquisitions- the major determinants
12. Understanding the Importance of Financial Statements to Corporate Accounting
13. The study of the effects of market and public information on the fluctuation of the market share index.
14. The Stock Market Structure and the 1602 Dutch Indian Trade Company Agreement
15. The role of modern accounting in economic development for emerging economies.
16. The Role of Mathematics in Developing Ancient Accounting and Finance Practices
17. The Role of Luca Pacioli in Promoting the Field of Financial Accounting
18. The Role of Financial Accounting in Developing Business Strategies
19. The role of accounting information systems in the decision-making process for medium and large economic enterprises
20. Compare and contrast between traditional auditing and risk-based auditing
21. Compare and contrast between single and double-entry bookkeeping system
22. Compare and contrast between external and in-house auditors
23. Cognitive moral development theory and moral maturity of accounting and finance professionals.
Accounting and Finance Dissertation Topics
1. The Role of Accounting and Finance in Societal Building
2. The responsibilities of a chartered accountant in debt management for a business firm
3. The relevance of the application of ethical judgments in the case of quantitative accounting techniques
4. The rationale and ethics behind non-profit organizations being exempt from tax
5. The Origins of the Terms Finance and Accounting and their Use in Modern Times
6. The major determinants of valuation for mergers and acquisitions
7. The issues, challenges, and prospects of environmental accounting measurements
8. The issues of accounting ethics in the industries related to nuclear and radioactive industries
9. The importance of audit for big corporate houses
10. Generalized actuarial valuation concept
11. Accounting for financial results in construction organizations
12. Liquidity: Liquid and illiquid economic assets
13.Methods and tools for accounting valuation of investment property in the process of preparing financial statements
14. The History of the Certification Primary Accounting Exam and Its Role in Building Financial Institutions
15. The effects of market and public information in the fluctuation of the market share index
16. The development of accounting information systems and the limitations of doing so in the developing economies of the world
17. The benefits of accounting information system and its many uses in different industries: a study
19. The Accounting Profession and the Need for setting International Standards of Practice
20. Suggest ways of bringing circular debt to control for a business firm
21. Should my business unit depart from or continue ~Shared Accounting Services~ of Group?
22. Risk-taking in businesses from the perspective of accounts.
23. Risk-taking in businesses from an accounting perspective
24. Methods In International Accounting: To What Extent They Assist Firms To Global Expansion
25. Is taxation a human rights policy? Prepare your research to support your views
26. Is electronic bookkeeping gradually paving its way past accountants? Discuss.
27. Investing in financial markets: the factors to consider
Management Accounting Dissertation Topics
1. Organizational support for corporate accounting and reporting
2. Management accounting practices in family businesses in the US
3. Merging of management accounting principles and IFRS
4. How have management accounting innovations contributed to organisational performance in developing countries? A review.
5. Management accounting and examination of entrepreneurial activity
6. A Comparison of the Role of Management Accounting Versus Financial Accounting in a Textile Factory Unit.
7. Managerial finance management and the significance of management accounting.
8. Management accounting, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Corporate Governance- examining the relationship.
9. Analyzing and evaluating the risk of insolvency of small businesses
10. Analytical tools for auditing the performance of an organization
11. Accounting system of a business entity with a strategic management
12. Accounting for human resources in the framework of managing an economic entity
13. Methodological tools for quality control of auditing organizations
14. Developing management accounting within the Kaizen concept
15. Management accounting system for the financial and economic activities of the enterprise
16. Methodology of auditing the accounting policy of a commercial organization
17. Standards and regulations of management accounting system for an economic entity
18. Studying the influence of key stakeholders on the financial viability of organizations
19. Can Intellectual Capital Reporting be justified as a part of management accounting? An analysis.
20. Compare and contrast between the roles of management accounting and financial accounting in an industry of your choice
21. The concept of safety and security in manufacturing firms with management accounting controls in place.
Dissertation Topics in Accounting
1. International convergence of accounting standards- and its impact on emerging economies.
2. Intellectual capital and company financial statements: an analysis of the relationship in the case of two major business houses of your choice
3. Institutional ownership composition and accounting conservatism.
4. How the Practice of Societates Publicanorum Set the Foundation for Share Markets
5. How relevant is the accounting environment in a nation for focus on accounting quality? Perspectives from selected countries.
6. How relevant are financial ratios for fraud detection in SMEs in developed countries? A UK-based investigation.
7. How has the financial crisis affected the health sector in the UK? A qualitative survey.
8. How does fraud grow in the accounting environment of private organisations in the UK?
9. How does enterprise risk management contribute to stability in organisations? A case-study approach exploration.
10. How do the taxation policies that are implemented in the developing nations affect SMEs?
11. How can you monitor liquidity levels using financial accounting tools?
12. How can business education among senior executives within an ME influence hedging behavior?
13. How are the cognitive moral development theories and maturity connected in the case of finance professionals?
14. How Accounting Information affects the Cost of Capital of a firm.
15. Forensic Accounting, RICO Laws, and the 19th Century Criminal Justice System.
16. Financial stock markets and its relations with stocks, commodities, and currency within an economy of your choice
17. Finance and Accounting in Ancient Mesopotamia and Its Influence in Modern Times
18. Exploring the Role of Forensic Accounting in Law Enforcement
19. Exploring the Relationship between Financial Accounting and Economic Growth
20. Exploring the Meaning of Accounting and the Role of Language in Its Formation
21. Exploring the Different Fields of Financial Accounting and Their Implementation
22. Exploring the Concept of Income Statement and Its Correlation with Financial Statements
23. Environmental accounting measurement: issues, challenges, and prospects.
24. Emerging economies and audit firms: a study of the consultancy patterns and audit assurance services
25. Effective capital budgeting techniques as seen through payback, IRR, and ROI
Accounting Dissertation Topics Examples
1. Can financial ratios predict bankruptcy? A quantitative exploration.
2. Bank audit in COBIT for corporate governance auditing methodology.
3. Auditing and financial reporting relevance to corporate governance.
4. Audit risk associated with fraudulent accounting of listed companies – A case study.
5. Analyzing the tax system of your country.
6. Analyze the tax system of your country. Suggest the revisions that you feel should be brought in
7. An investigation into the relevance of financial accounting in Islamic trade organizations- a literature review.
8. An investigation into how accounting quality is determined by specialists and non-specialists in the retail sector.
9. An in-depth study of the asset and liability management in the banking sector of your choice
10. An exploration of the strategies employed by senior management to balance accounting discretion and transparency issues in their financial statement.
11. An empirical study of the challenges faced by electronic accounting systems in the face of Internet service provision
12. An analytical discussion on the major ethical issues in accounting and finance within the context of the oil and gas sector.
13. A comparative study of governance in case of the future of accounting in second-generation family-owned businesses
14. A comparative study of environmental risk disclosure in the case of two German and two British companies
15. A Comparative Evaluation Of The Success Of ‘Green’ Accounting Policy Within The Finance Departments Of Two Major UK Universities
16. A careful analysis of the role of auditors in predicting and preventing the economic downfall of a country in times of global recession
17. A detailed study of the capital structure determinants within an SME framework
18. A detailed study of customer satisfaction within the banking sector of a country of your choice
19. A Critical Audit Of The Financial Performance And Business Of Tui Travel Plc.
20. A detailed study of the various accounting procedures that all businesses need to undertake
21. A detailed study of the scope and limitations of accounting for e-commerce sectors
22. A Comparison Of Payback, Irr And Roi As Effective Capital Budgeting Techniques
23. A comparative study of the various methods of financial accounting
Accounting Research Topics for Undergraduates
1. An analysis of the importance of audit for big corporate houses.
2. An analysis of the financial and management control mechanisms in the banking sector of developed countries to rationalize why the financial crisis was not recognized and anticipated.
3. An accounting study of performance and risk for financial firms during the credit crisis.
4. Accounting Standards and Practices of Financial Institutions in the Western World
5. Accounting information capital market efficiency. A case study.
6. Accounting in Ancient Rome and its Role in Shaping Modern Financial Institutions
7. Accounting harmonization in Islamic countries.
8. Accounting for globalization: National statistics, international comparisons, and the emergence of the global economy.
9. Accounting ethics and organizational culture: a study of the points of contention and similarities
10. Accounting education: A comparative study of perception of learning outcomes in traditional and online delivery systems.
11. Accounting conservatism, debt contracts, and financial institutions.
12. Accounting conservatism and acquisition decisions: value-destroying acquisitions and risky acquisitions.
13. Accounting and Financial Reporting Issues for Financial Institutions
14. A theoretical evaluation of the relationship between stock performance and CEO qualities.
15. A systematic study of the factors to be considered for financial disclosures as observed in an electronic accounting environment
16. A systematic review of the financial accounting tools for monitoring liquidity levels.
17. A survey on the increasing incidence of textual analysis in reading financial statements.
18. A study of the scope of capital budgeting under pressure as seen in developing economies in the world
19. A study of the options for growth within mortgage-backed securities that have been issued privately
20. A study of the changes brought in to the health insurance taxation as observed in the USA
21. A study of the challenges faced by external audits due to fair value measurements
22. A study of the benefits of business accounting with the advent of modern technology
23. A study of international comparisons of three economies of your choice under the purview of accounting for globalization
24. A study of accounting conservatism, financial institutions, and debt contracts
25. A Discussion on Asset Liability Management in the Australian Banking Sector.
26. A discussion on Asset liability management in the Australian banking sector.
27. A detailed study of three major accounting frauds of the last decade and the need for ethical judgments to be implemented in accounting at all times
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.