Debate Topics for Middle School: Searching for middle school debate topics? This page will look at a list of interesting debate speech topics.
Debate Topics for Middle School
1. All students should be required to learn sewing.
2. Should all classes have first aid in a kit?
3. Do school authorities have the right to search students’ lockers?
4. Does class size matter?
5. Does separating boys and girls help students perform better in school?
6. How important is arts education?
7. Can you get a good job as a high school graduate.
8. Is competition necessary in regards to the learning process?
9. Should the government lower the approved age for taking alcohol?
10. Should animal dissections be banned in schools?
Middle School Debate Topics
1. Should computer games be used for classroom instruction?
2. Should homework assignments be limited to a maximum of three nights a week?
3. Should homework be banned?
4. Should junk food be banned from schools?
5. Should school prayer be prohibited?
6. Should students be required to wear a school uniform?
7. Should the Internet be banned from schools?
8. Should we rethink how long students spend in high school?
9. Students be required to learn a foreign language in middle school.
10. Students should never be forced to repeat a year of school.
11. Students should not be graded on their handwriting.
12. Whether an associate degree or a bachelor’s degree is more beneficial.
13. Whether being a college graduate is necessary for a successful career.
14. Whether cell phones may be used during class.
15. Whether homework is necessary.
16. Whether it’s a good idea to have laptops in classrooms.
17. Whether students should be guaranteed two years of free tuition to a community or technical college.
Good Debate Topics for Middle School
1. Do online social networking play a role at how students interact in a classroom?
2. Should online classes replace in-class learning for middle schools?
3. Why money should be spent to improve your school’s athletic complex.
4. Year-round schooling is better for students.
5. Students should be allowed to choose what books they’ll read in English class.
6. In the Parent-Teacher Association, should there be a student representative?
7. Is it important to attach Middle school students to mentor younger students’ mentors?
8. Is Physical education (PE) classes a waste of time?
9. Should middle school students be required to learn a foreign language every year?
10. In Middle school should recess be introduced?
11. All students should take performing arts classes in school.
12. Should students be allowed to have a say on what foods to be included in the school menu?
Read: Debate Topics About Love
Fun Debate Topics for Middle School
1. Students should be allowed to prank teachers once in a year
2. Robots should be introduced in school
3. Clowns are not frightening to kids
4. Teachers should have clones who came to class when they are not able to
5. Have smart phone made students become smarter?
6. Which one is better, to be loved or to be trusted
7. Students should be given a chance to have a makeover on Santa Claus
8. Who is smarter, Bill gates or Elon Musk?
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.