Controversial Topics for Teenagers: As teenagers become older, they start seeing things from a different angle. They begin to debate on various topics ranging from girls, life, cars, houses, and many more topics. Some of these topics are unique to the youths while others cut across all ages.
In this article, we have looked at some of the Controversial Topics for Teens. These topics for teens will allow them to collect many different opinions and perceptions that enable them to practice their debate skills and oral communication.
Below are some Best Controversial Topics for Teenagers
Controversial Topics for Teenagers
1. Why do teens fall in love with celebrities? Or idolize them?
2. Should minors have access to Plan B emergency contraception?
3. Why are the old-style arcade games still so popular?
4. Pornography should be banned from public libraries so teens don’t have access.
5. Who influences teens the most? Parents or their peers.
6. Which is the best arcade game to play? Why?
7. Which current pop star is a good singer?
8. What should we do to keep drugs out of the hands of teens?
9. Why do teens spend so much time playing video games? What makes these games so much fun to play?
10. Why do teens like to go to the mall? What do they do when they go?
11. What is the best way to listen to your favorite music?
12. What is the best current fashion trend? What is the worst?
13. What causes teen anxiety, depression, and mental illness?
14. The ethics of transracial adoption.
15. Teens should not be allowed to gamble.
16. Teen unemployment.
17. Teen suicide: who is at fault?
18. Should you pay money to buy the products of a band or artist you like? How obligated are you to support the artists you listen to?
19. Should schools allow teens to use their phones and tablets in school?
20. Should people under 18 be allowed to get a tattoo?
Controversial Topics for Teens
1. Is wearing glasses cooler than it used to be?
2. Is there more bullying in high schools than in the past? Have the causes of bullying changed?
3. Is the skating rink still a good place for teens to hang out?
4. Is social media becoming more important than face-to-face communication among teens?
5. Is playing video games addictive? Is there a point where these games become dangerous?
6. Is it impolite to ignore a text from a friend? Do you need to text back right away?
7. Is it ever right to post negative comments or pictures about someone online?
8. Is it all right to text to ask someone out?
9. Is hearing your favorite band at a small venue better? Or is there more excitement at a big concert?
10. How to stop school bullying and cyberbullying?
11. How teens are impacted by the hookup culture?
12. How do we deal with the problem of teens and eating disorders?
13. How can teens help friends who have self-destructive behaviors like eating disorders, cutting, or substance abuse?
14. Fair minimum wage.
15. Does violence in video gaming cause some people to act out violently? If so, is there something we can do to prevent this?
16. Do teenagers today care more about helping out and volunteering than teenagers in the past?
17. Do guys look better with facial hair?
18. Beauty contests are harmful.
19. At what age should teens be allowed to vote?
20. At what age should parents let their teens start dating?
Controversial Topics Teens
1. Pros and cons of school uniforms.
2. Prayer in public schools.
3. Pornography and censorship.
4. Has technology brought people closer, or has led to isolation?
5. Is religion beneficial to society?
6. Should beauty contests be banned?
7. Do beauty contests demean women?
8. Should the sale of drugs be legalized?
9. At what age should one be considered an adult?
10. Should all working mums be allowed to have fewer working hours?
11. Should the restrictions on smoking, drinking, or using drugs be removed?
12. Should military recruiting be allowed on campus?
13. Is peer pressure beneficial for one’s emotional development?
14. Is artificial intelligence dangerous or beneficial?
15. Is summer vacation better than Christmas break?
16. Should advertisements for fast foods be banned?
17. Is cloning ethical or unethical?
18. Is social media leading to more social isolation?
Funny Controversial Topics for Teens
1. Are kids born in the 21st century smarter than those born in the 19th century?
2. The current worst fashion trend in the market.
3. Is money the best kind of gift?
4. Are teachers the best role model?
5. Do parents know the real character of their teenagers?
6. Are school rules necessary?
7. Do peers influence one’s behavior?
8. Between superman and batman, who is the old times overrated character?
9. The best day of the week is?
10. Which subjects should be introduced to school?
11. Are books becoming less important in the life of today’s teen’s life?
12. Is it possible to live a life without lies?
13. Are kids smarter than grown-ups?
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.