Controversial Technology Topics: Technology has greatly advanced. Every day something new is being developed across the globe. As technology changes our lives are affected in one way or another. We can easily conclude that technological advancement has affected our lives.
But is it for better or for worse? Technology can also be seen as a threat to people’s jobs, privacy, and pollution of the environment. As much as there are positive effects of technology, there are also negative effects.
There are so many controversial technology topics that students can discuss. The below controversial technology topics will give you a starting point.
Controversial Technology Topics
1. Is technology leading to increasing negative effects on our social lives?
2. Should the big tech companies be monitored to avoid the negative effects of monopoly?
3. Are electric cars economical to the global economy?
4. Are self-driving cars expected to lead to a lower rate of accidents?
5. On one hand, technology is leading to some jobs’ obsolescence while on the other hand, it is creating new ones.
6. Over-dependency on technology is killing creativity.
7. Technology has led to limited personal privacy.
8. Social media platforms are becoming more manipulative to their users. Agree or disagree?
9. Technology has made life easier and more people becoming are lazy and unfit.
10. Technological advancement of military weapons will likely cause more harm than good.
11. Human life will soon be dependent on technology. Agree or disagree
12. Are there unethical technologies that have been developed?
13. Should government agencies use social media platforms to investigate a suspect?
14. Elon Musk will bring a change to the global social media platforms. Agree or disagree?
Read: Controversial Topics to Write About
Controversial Technology Topics
1. Analysis of advantages and drawbacks of usage of UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) on construction sites.
2. Analysis of the link between the recession in construction and underspending on IT by construction firms.
3. Applying 3-D printing technology in the production of complex building forms.
4. Applying new “green” technologies in architecture, engineering, and construction.
5. Are cell phones dangerous?
6. Are children under 12 now growing up in a different world than college-age students did? How is it different, and what does that mean for them?
7. Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy?
8. An Information Retrieval System for Scientists; Creating an Information Agent Technology
9. Assessment of new instruments and methods of controlling steel structures corrosion.
10. Can using a system like bitcoin help protect against identity theft?
11. An Overview of Key Enabling Technologies Required for Creating Information Agent Technology for the Internet
12. Can virtual reality substitute actual reality?
Read: Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Technology Debate Topics
1. The Impact of Media Technologies on the Physical Development of Teenagers; A Comparative Analysis
2. The role of technology in lesson planning
3. The usage of smartphones leads to less live communication
4. To what extent is the development of new technologies having a negative effect?
5. What are new ways people can use technology to change the world?
6. What are the long-term effects of living in a technological world? Are these mostly negative or positive?
7. What evidence do we have that CMB is the result of the big bang?
8. What is the future of the internet?
9. What technologies does NASA use to explore Mars?
10. When does it become morally wrong to genetically engineer your child?
Read: Controversial Topics for Teenagers
Technology Controversial Topics
1. Cochlear implant technology research
2. The decision of certain social problems with the “Tiny house” movement.
3. Developing alternative forms of energy
4. Do digital tools make us more or less productive at work?
5. Do we have a throw-away society?
6. Does access to condoms prevent teen pregnancy?
7. Advanced technology will lead to better exploration of the other planets
Technology Topics for Discussion
1. Does the Internet need controls or censorship? If so, what kind?
2. Does the Media Technology Has an Impact upon Child Development; A Study of Primary School Goers in the UK
3. Drone warfare
Read: Controversial Psychology Topics
4. Elon Musk’s ideas can help Australia and other countries to fight the energy problems and will be the future of technological development as they are feasible and affordable.
5. Encouraging the Use of E-Commerce in Saudi Arabia in light of Existing Challenges
6. Examine How the Communication Technology Revolution Influences People, Process, and Strategy
7. How did Bill Gates and Steve Jobs change the world?
Controversial Topics about Technology
1. How is digital learning going to change schools and education?
2. How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
3. How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
4. How will technology change our lives in twenty years?
5. Is child behavior better or worse than it was years ago?
6. Is it beneficial for wild animals to have interactions with people?
7. New smart materials and technologies in road building.
8. New training methods for construction workers up-skilling for meeting the requirements of forthcoming construction technologies.
9. Review of the best practices in energy efficiency in the construction industry.
Read: Cyber Security Research Topics
Information Technology Controversial Issues
1. Should people get identity chips implanted under their skin?
2. Should people in all countries have equal access to technological developments?
3. Should the government have a say in our diets?
4. Technology and its influence on the educational system
5. The age of technology turns us into zombies
6. The filthy language on the web
Read: Science Speech Topics
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.