Elimu scholarship programme is sponsored by the Kenya government, Equity Bank and World Bank. In 2019, around 9000 students from poor backgrounds benefitted from this program.
Basically, the scholarship caters for School fees, transport to and from school, learning materials and School kit for the beneficiaries for the four-year education period.
The sponsorship aims to help students from a poor and vulnerable backgrounds in urban centers and in other selected sub-counties across the country. Students who benefit under Elimu scholarship are basically from public primary schools
Requirements for Elimu scholarship programme 2021
- The applicants must be orphans, vulnerable children, student with special needs or students with disabilities
- Must have scored 280 marks and above in 2020 KCPE
- Must be a KCPE Candidates who sat for examinations in 2020
- Must be from vulnerable communities in the targeted Sub-Counties
- Candidates with poor parents living with disabilities that have compromised their ability to meet the financial obligations of their children can also apply
- Candidates with poor parents living with HIV/AIDS or having chronic diseases like (Cancer, Kidney failure e.t.c) who cannot raise school fees can also apply
- Applicants must be from needy families
- Candidates who have also been neglected or abused can also apply
How to apply Elimu scholarship programme 2021
Before applying for the scholarship ensure you have met the above requirements
The application process is simple; first, you collect the scholarship application forms from the nearest Equity Bank Branch or Equity Bank Agent beginning December 2020.
You can also download the application forms from the Ministry of Education and Equity Group Foundation websites; www.education.go.ke and https://egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu in early December 2020
Properly completed application forms and supporting documents should be submitted to the nearest Equity Bank Branch on the expected deadline date.
All shortlisted 2020 KCPE candidates must be accompanied by parents or guardians when they go for the interview which will be conducted by the Community Scholarship Advisory Committees. On the date of the interview ensure you carry all the required original documents
Elimu Centre is your one-stop-shop for all your education informational needs and much more.
Follow us at Elimu Centre