DNP Project Ideas: As you come to your final year, a Doctor of Nursing Practise project will help you demonstrate your ability to apply your nursing research and theoretical knowledge to solve practical problems in the real world.
There are many forms of DNP projects that you can come up and we have looked at some project ideas that will help you come up with the best project.
These DNP projects are a great source of inspiration when looking for a topic for your project. Depending on your interest, you will easily pick a DNP Project to pursue.
Easy DNP Project Ideas
1. Implement a patient education program based on hand hygiene and evaluate the outcomes of the program.
2. Develop an educative program that will dwell on community-based nutrition. Educate on the importance of healthy eating habits. To make it more practical provide options for healthy foods and cooking classes
3. Come up with Primary Care Health Literacy Assessment Tool. Ensure the tool can evaluate the effects on patient understanding of health information.
4. Implement a community program that will help smokers to end their smoking habit. Include smoking cessation community groups and techniques
5. Choose a school and develop a nutrition education program.
6. Develop a diabetes management program
7. Develop a physical activity program for senior citizens
8. A ten-year review: testing qualitative methods in handling and preventing obesity and diabetes in young children.
9. A Transition Checklist for Adolescents with Sickle Cell Disease
10. A Web-Based Group Intervention for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
11. Addressing generational and cross-cultural diversity in nursing training and core measure education.
12. Alcohol detoxification guidelines.
DNP Project Ideas
1. A Clinical Practice Guideline for the Referral of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Graduates to Developmental Care Follow-Up Clinic
2. A Community Based Approach to Promoting Nutritional Awareness and Improving Dietary Habits
3. A Comprehensive Systematic Review of the Influence of Transformational Leadership Style on Nursing Staff in Acute Care Hospitals
4. A Criterion-Based Job Description and Performance Assessment for the Advanced Practice Nurse
5. A Medication Safety Education Program to Reduce the Risk of Harm Caused by Medication Errors
6. A Multi-Method Approach to Evaluating Online Distance Learning in Nursing Education
7. A review in handling medical emergencies through effective critical care response.
8. A Strategic Plan for Promoting Health in the Hispanic/Latino Population through Internet-Based Social Networks
9. A Strategic Plan for the Development of a Model of Care for HIV Co-Infected Diabetics in an Inner-City Clinic
10. A Strategic Plan for the Development of an Inpatient Hospice Program
11. A Strategy to Reduce Distress Among Isolated Blood and Marrow Transplant Patients Post-Transplantation
12. A study in the relationship between longer hospital shifts of nurses and the quality of patient care.
13. A systematic instruction to improve and help mothers abide by a specific immunization regimen.
14. An Evaluation of a School-Based Asthma Protocol
15. An Evaluation of Provider Adherence to Hepatitis C Screening Guidelines in a HIV Population
16. An Evidence-Based Ovarian Cancer Education Toolkit: A Pilot Study
17. An Evidence-Based Toolkit to Prevent Meningococcal Meningitis in College Students
18. An Examination of Nurses’ Knowledge and Attitudes of Palliative Care in an Acute-Care Hospital in a Non-Metropolitan Setting
19. An in-depth look at the public’s perception of the role and performance of men in nursing occupations.
20. Development of an Evidence-Based, In-Patient Alcohol Detoxification Guideline for Culturally Diverse Adults
21. Development of nursing assessment tool in efficient primary care on HIV/AIDS.
22. Diabetes Management of Underserved Populations
23. Diabetes patients development model care.
24. Empowering Community Health: A Faith-Based Approach
25. Evaluation of Pain Management Practices Among Laboring Women
26. Evaluation on asthma protocol.
27. Nutrition program and physical activity effect to children.
28. Obesity Prevention in Young Children
29. Ongoing Professional Performance Evaluation Process Improvement Utilizing Web-based Tools
30. Optimizing Inpatient Heart Failure Education to Support Self-Care After Discharge
DNP Project Proposal Ideas
1. An Integrative literature review on the importance of medical education in the critical care setting.
2. Chronic disease care implementation.
3. Chronic diseases program effectiveness.
4. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: awareness and education.
5. Classroom vs. online learning: a comparative report of student achievement, effectiveness, skill development, and satisfaction.
6. Clinical academic partnerships nursing role.
7. Clinical-Academic Partnership Education and Socialization into the Nursing Role
8. Concept advancement of nursing risk management, safety procedures, and disaster preparedness training.
9. Conducting a Randomized Household Survey in an Underserved Urban Community
10. Consequences, Prevention, and Treatment of Childhood Overweight and Obesity
11. Cultural Humility: A Patient-centric Process
12. Damage Control Resuscitation Guidelines: Knowledge Transfer to Military CRNAs through Curriculum Development and Integration of Simulation
13. Deploying a Geriatric Nurse Practitioner in an Emergency Department to Improve Outcomes for Geriatric Patients
14. Developing a “Survival” Tool for Novice Neurosurgery Practitioners
15. Developing a treatment guide for PTSD
16. Developing a Web-Based Pilot Training Module for New Enhance Fitness Instructors.
17. Developing evidence and concept-based learning strategies to create nurse leaders.
18. Development of a Strategic Plan for a Dedicated Education Unit and Clinical Teaching Associate Role
19. Development of a Virtual Nursing Learning Lounge to Bridge the Practice Gap
20. Development of a Web-Based Health Information Database and Call Center
21. Diversity in Health Care
22. Effective integration of health information technology and informatics into a graduate nursing school plan of study.
23. Effectiveness of Chronic Disease Self-Management Programs for Mentally Ill Inmates with Diabetes
24. Effects of Health Education on Nutrition and Physical Activity of School Children
25. Emergency care: giving transition shock training to patients dealing with substance abuse.
DNP Research Project Ideas
1. Evidence-Based Practice Update for Nurse Practitioners in Urgent Care
2. Fall Prevention in the Medical Surgical Setting
3. Geriatric care management: evaluating the effectiveness of nursing training in dealing with complex care issues in elderly communities.
4. Graduate student mentoring: development and implementation strategies for a mentoring program in nursing.
5. Implementation of Routine HIV Testing for the Hospitalized Patient
6. Implementing Evidence-Based Practice in an Acute-Care Hospital
7. Improving Clinicians’ Compliance in Providing the Pediatric Asthma Home Management Plan of Care
8. Improving nursing satisfaction.
9. Initiating a Motivational Interviewing (MI) Learning Community: Enhancing Primary Care Provider Competence and Confidence to Integrate MI into Daily Practice
10. Instructional program and wellness initiative for all healthcare facilities to ensure service satisfaction and healthy workforce.
11. Integrated Model of Dementia Care in a Nursing Home
12. Integrated model of dementia care.
13. Integration of medical strategies to influence and promote breastfeeding by making hospitals baby friendly.
14. Interdisciplinary Simulation Training for Evidence-Based Obstetric Crisis Management
15. Intrapartum nurses’ knowledge and attitudes on providing labor support to women wanting a natural childbirth: an integrated literature review.
16. Job description and performance assessment for practice nurse.
17. Laboring women pain management.
18. Leadership, Advocacy, and Policy: Development of a Professional Organization for Doctors of Nursing Practice
19. Meaningful recognition to a multigenerational nursing staff: a roadmap to success for nurse leaders.
20. Measuring Documentation of Clinical Metrics for Diabetes Management to Achieve Patient-Centered Medical Home Status
21. Media Influence on Nutritional Choices in School-Age Children
22. Mental Health Referral Practices in a Family Medicine Clinic
23. Modern healthcare: the use of virtual private network and other technology to reduce medical errors and overall improve healthcare services.
24. Multiple sclerosis patient’s symptoms.
25. Nurse Practitioner Adherence to National Asthma Guidelines: Behaviors, Attitudes, and Knowledge
26. Nursing assessment: What healthcare workers need to know when dealing with emergencies and critical care patients?
27. Nursing Informatics Certification and Competencies: A Report on the Current State and Recommendations for the Future
28. Ovarian cancer pilot study.
For adult men over the age of 70 years what are the effects of adding beta-blockers for lowering blood pressure?
29. Overview of Tel-Health, Tele-Medicine, Tele-Nursing
30. Patients’ ratings of expectations for nursing care compared to nurses’ perceived patient ratings of nursing care.
31. Postpartum Depression Screening
DNP Capstone Project Ideas
1. Predictors of the First-Year Nursing Student at Risk for Early Departure
2. Prevalence of Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis Patients
3. Project management leadership lessons.
4. Proposal on health policy.
5. Protective measures for healthcare providers during disease outbreaks: A systematic literature.
6. Quality of Life Analysis in Menopausal Women Taking Dehydroepiandosterone (DHEA)
7. Research on proper psychological and emotional assistance to immobilized and/or patients with altered body image.
8.Review of children with Autism spectrum disorders, genetic changes, sleep and gastrointestinal problems.
9. Safe Foot Care in African American Type 2 Diabetes
10. Simulation training on obstetrics crisis management.
11. Smoking Cessation Program for Patients with Coronary Artery Disease
12. Standardized Procedure for Assessment and Documentation of Pain in Long-Term Care
13. Strategic Plan for a Patient-Centered Medical Home Adaptation
14. Strategic plan for medical home adaptations.
15. Strategies for quick and competent response in an ambulatory care setting: An integrative literature review.
16. Strategies to Improve Patient Flow in an Urgent Care Facility
17. The Predictive Value of Second Trimester Blood Pressures on the Development of Preeclampsia
18. To explore and compare the process and focus of the discharge planner and staff nurse when preparing a patient for discharge.
19. Translation of Autism Screening Research into Practice
20. Urban community household survey.
21. Use of Nurse Case Managers in Diabetic Care
22. Use of Pharmacogenetic Testing to Guide the Treatment of Depression: Case Studies
23. Utilization Patterns and Provider Knowledge, Attitudes, and Beliefs of HPV Vaccination among Active Duty Men
24. Utilizing asynchronous weblogging or “blogging” to support the transition from new graduate nurse to professional nurse: an integrative literature review.
25. Utilizing concept-based learning techniques to enhance clinical judgment skills of nursing students.
26. Web-based and call center information development.
27. Will a Lifestyle-based Education Program Improve Nutrition Knowledge and Food Choices in Obese Women Ages 40-65?
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.