- Trending Relationship Topics
- Relationship Topics to Debate
- Relationship Topics to Discuss
- Debate Topics about Relationships
- Relationship topics for singles
- Relationship Debate Topics
- Controversial Relationship Topics
- Controversial Relationship Questions
- Relationship Topics for Discussion
- Topics on Dating and Relationships
Relationship Topics to Debate: Relationship is a very interesting topic; there are so many topics to debate about. If you are searching for relationship-related topics to debate on, this page has compiled the best topics that will enable you to have an interesting discussion.
Trending Relationship Topics
1. Dating during the Covid 19 pandemic
2. Why do people cheat in a relationship?
3. Dating apps for older people
4. Do gender and age play a role in determining who will cheat in a relationship?
5. The future of dating apps and how they will affect the dating world
6. Are more singles people becoming uncertain about their relationships
7. Relationship hopping and its dangers
8. Choosing to be single during the pandemic
9. Having emotional intelligence vs Physical Attractiveness
10. Building a connection before pursuing a relationship
Read: Couple Questions Quiz
11. Should dating tips change as one gets older?
12. Is it possible to reignite the lost love you had for your partner? How do you do it?
13. Is it possible to have similar interests and hobbies with someone, yet be incompatible?
14. Is dating in the 2000s more challenging than dating in the 1980s and 1990s?
15. Are relationships in recent times becoming more casual and less committed? Why?
16. Are dating apps making love less meaningful?
17. Is it possible to meet a genuine partner on dating apps? How do you identify one?
18. After dating for how long should you consider lending money to your partner? What precautions would you take?
19. What dating app would you consider? Why?
Read: Debate Topics About Love
Relationship Topics to Debate
1. Would you like the idea of buying a machine that can measure love degrees?
2. Women empowerment — good or bad?
3. Who is your hero and what qualities make them your choice?
4. Which celebrity is your favorite couple? What do you find attractive about them?
5. When and where do you feel most like your real self? Why?
6. What would you do on a “perfect” day? Would you want to do something with someone else or be alone?
7. What would cause you to end a relationship? Would you be able to forgive and forget and renew the relationship?
8. What was your favorite movie as a child? Do you still enjoy seeing it? How many times have you seen it?
9. What was your favorite fairy tale book as a child? Why was it your favorite?
10. What values are important in your life? Were they imparted to you by your parents? If not, from where did they come?
11. What scares you the most in a relationship? Has what you are afraid of changed since you were a child?
12. What makes you excited when in love? What was the last exciting experience did you have?
13. What kind of date do you consider romantic? Plan a romantic date night together.
14. What is your favorite item of clothing when going on a date and why is it your favorite?
15. What is your perfect relationship and do you believe you will ever succeed at having it?
16. What did you dream of being when you were a child? Have you managed to achieve any of your dreams?
17. Would a controversial issue – social or political – affect the person you choose to date?
Read: Funny Debate Topics for Couples
Relationship Topics to Discuss
1. Househusband — good or bad?
2. Have you ever had a very bad nightmare about the person you are dating? What was it about?
3. Has your relationship changed since you began dating? Give some examples to support your answer.
4. Feminism —does it favor a relationship or not?
5. Family Vs love of life — whom to choose?
6. Extramarital affairs — pros & cons
7. Do love distracts you from your goal?
8. Discuss your first impression of each other and whether it was accurate.
Read: Would You Rather Questions
9. Describe your biggest regret in a previous or current relationship.
10. Coeducation Vs single-sex education
11. Can love be faked?
12. Birthday dinners
13. Are our bad spending habits spoiling our families?
14. What characteristics do you think are necessary for a strong relationship? Do you possess these characteristics?
15. Tell about the most difficult challenge you face in a relationship. Were you able to overcome and what did you learn?
16. Tell about a time when someone showed you kindness or compassion. Tell about a time when you showed compassion or kindness to someone else.
17. Tell about a time when someone hurt or betrayed you and how the experience has affected your adult life.
Read: Friendship Conversation Topics
Debate Topics about Relationships
1. Sex before marriage — right or wrong?
3. Our forefathers enjoyed better and stronger relations with families than us
4. Online dating — threat or blessings?
5. Online dating
6. Old age home — good or bad?
7. Office love — pros & cons
8. Movies and Novels promote affairs outside of marriage
9. Monogamy: natural behavior or social imposition?
10. Marriage vs live-in relationship
11. Love marriage Vs arranged marriage
12. Is your significant other entitled to your social media passwords in a committed relationship?
13. Is kissing cheating? On emotional infidelity
14. Is it okay to marry an elder lady?
15. Is Being Faithful Hard?
Read: Fun Topics for Presentations
Relationship topics for singles
1. Describe what it means to love a person.
2. Characteristics of true love vs lust
3. Love at first sight, does it exist?
4. Is true love the same as unconditional love?
5. Do you believe in soulmates? Why?
6. The worst relationship advice you’ve received.
7. Falling in love and out of love, what factors contribute to the two?
8. Can broken love be rebuilt?
9. Can love change someone for the better?
10. Factors that make a relationship to end?
11. Which one is worse; emotional abuse or physical abuse?
12. What would you consider when dating a person; inner or outer beauty?
13. Why is it hard for celebrities to build long-lasting relationships?
14. Is counseling important to resolve problems in a relationship?
15. Do love songs play a role in making a relationship strong?
16. Is love overrated?
17. Who is happier; someone in love or someone who is single?
18. The number of months or years a couple should date before deciding to settle down?
Relationship Debate Topics
1. At what point should one meet their partner’s parents?
2. How do you tell if one is committed or not?
3. Would you be at ease to express to your partner what good you saw in your ex?
4. Is it possible to fall out of love with two people at the same time?
5. Which couples tend to have a stronger bond in a relationship: heterosexual or homosexual?
6. Talk about your future; Do you see your current partner in it?
7. Talk about a significant event that caused a positive change in you as a person.
8. Should gay marriage be legalized?
9. Would you share all your secrets with your boyfriend or girlfriend?
10. Is arguing a natural part of every relationship?
11. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy? Why?
12. If you could go back to your childhood, what advice would you like to have from your adult self?
13. If you could be any character in a book or movie, who would you be? Why?
14. If women claim to be equal to men then they should run in the same tracks as men in athletics
15. How many siblings do you have and are they older or younger? How is your relationship with them?
Controversial Relationship Topics
1. Is it okay to date someone to just pass time?
2. Can failure to meet your partner’s conjugal rights affect a relationship?
3. Should couples discuss their previous relationship with their ex’s?
4. Is it possible to have a strong open relationship?
5. Is it possible to have a mismatch of intimacy needs in a relationship?
6. Does physical attraction play a key role in maintaining a strong bond in a friendship?
7. Between a man and a woman who should play a major role in maintaining a lively relationship?
8. For how long should the couple date before considering settling down?
9. Are personal boundaries important in keeping a relationship vibrant?
10. At what point in a relationship should couples discuss their finances?
11. Is it possible to live with a person you don’t love?
12. What comes first, love or attraction?
13. Can being in too many previous relationships affect one’s dating skills?
14. 1.Between a boy and a girl who can deal with a breakup easily?
Controversial Relationship Questions
1. Is is possible to have a successful open relationship?
2. Can you love two people equally at the same time?
3. Do finance matter when dating someone?
4. When dating someone, what do you consider more important; emotional intelligence or mental ability?
5. Would you rather date someone you trust or someone you love?
6. Is it possible to love someone so much to die for them?
7. How to differentiate love and lust in a relationship?
8. Why cheat if you love someone?
9. Is it important to maintain a friendship after a break up with your partner?
10. Would you be interested in knowing who your ex is dating after a break up?
11. Would date a person who fear responsibilities? Reasons
12. Do you consider the number of partner a person has dated before making a decision to date him or her?
Relationship Topics for Discussion
1. The qualities you look for in a person before getting into relationship
2. How to end a relationship amicably
3. Signs that someone is interested in you
4. The number of times you can forgive someone for cheating. Reasons
5. At what stage in a relationship should you meet your partner’s family
6. How to protect your interest in a relationship
7. Importance of setting boundaries in a relationship
8. Can single guy and girl remain friends for a long time without being attracted to one another
9. At what age is one considered too old not to have a family
Topics on Dating and Relationships
1. Setting goal in a relationship
2. The role of peer counselling while dating
3. Insecurities in a relationship and how to deal with them
4. Building a strong relationship based on love and trust
5. Meeting one another’s need while dating
6. Role of good communication in a relationship
7. How one’s background affect their relationship
8. Personality traits and how they affect one’s relationship.
Conclusion: Relationship Topics to Debate
Regardless of the related topic you choose ensure you get your facts correct. Basing your topic with facts will give you a better ground to outshine your opponent, in case of a debate or a discussion. As you choose a related topic to discuss ensure it is broad enough to accommodate many perspectives as possible
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.