- How Equity Bank was started
- Who are the owners of Equity bank
- How to open an online Equity Bank account
- How to become an Equity bank Agent
- How to Check Equity Bank Account Balance
- Equity Bank Kenya Paybill Number
- How to Deposit Money into my Equity Bank Account through M-PESA PayBill Number 247247
- Equity Bank Kenya Loan Calculator
- Equity Bank Kenya Opening and Closing Hours
- Equity Bank Kenya Swift Code
- Equity Customer Care Contacts Kenya
- Equity Bank Supreme Branches
- 1. Equity Bank Westlands Supreme Branch
Equity bank is one of the leading banks in Kenya. The bank is one of the most preferred banks in Kenya. Banking became easy and accessible to most Kenyans because Equity bank did not choose or discriminate any of its customers.
In the early 90’s banking in Kenya was an expensive affair that the common many would not afford, but with equity bank even the small farmer in the rural area would access banking services.
How Equity Bank was started
Ever wondered how equity bank started? Well today we shall look at brief history of this preferred bank.
Equity bank was started by Peter Munga. Equity bank did not start as a bank but as a building society. It was known as Equity Building society and was incorporated in 1984. Peter Munga had a vision to set up a society that would win the confidence all people. Starting at his home area in Muranga Mr Munga was able to win the confidence of the rich, the professionals and common Kenyan.
Equity building society was able to grow the business and in 2004 the then rapidly growing micro finance became a bank. In 2006 it was listed in the Nairobi Stock Exchange. Since then the bank has grown tremendously and currently it has over 10 million customers.
Who are the owners of Equity bank
Even though equity bank was started by Peter Munga , over time with the growth it has experienced has brought in more players who have become part of equity bank. Some of the majority shareholders include Arise BV a Netherlands company, Britam Holding Limited, James Mwangi, Equity bank employees and other shareholders who have bought the share since its first IPO in 2006.
How to open an online Equity Bank account
To get an online account with Equity Bank you will need to visit an Equity Bank branch near you. You will need to fill a form. ID copy will be attached and a passport photo taken to help identify you. After an account is opened you can register for Equity bank online banking which is simple and you can several services without having to go to your branch.
How to become an Equity bank Agent
For those who wish to become Equity bank agents it is easy and the following will be the requirement
The business applying to be an Equity bank agent must have been in operation for at least one year. In addition to the following
1. Application duly filled and signed by the person making the application
2. National ID
3. A certificate of good conduct form CID
4. Company profile or business profile
5. 1 year bank or loan statements. It could be from other institution
6. Three copies of signed Equity Agent Contract
7. For a company a copy of certificate of incorporation or for a registered business name copy of registration of business name
8. For a limited company copy of articles and memorandum of association. In case of a partnership. Partnership deed
9. Companies and partnership will require board resolution
10. Current year business license or permit
11. One year audited financial records
12. A simple map sketching the business location
13. A report from Credit Reference Bureau report (CRB)
14. Coloured two passport for each applicants
15. Resume or Curriculum vitae of all the persons making the application
16. 3 coloured photos of the business outlet showing:
How to Check Equity Bank Account Balance
Searching on how to check my equity bank account balance? Find out How to Check Equity Bank Account Balance. There are times when you can’t remember your equity balance and you want to know before making any transaction or for planning purposes.
Now you can easily check your Check Equity Bank Account Balance with Equity Bank online banking.
The online banking enables you to access your money anywhere and anytime.
You can check your bank account balance using Equitel. The steps are very easy and within seconds you will know your account balance.
1. On your phone, Go to your Equitel Menu
2. Select My Money
3. Select Bank Balances
4. Select Account
5. Select the account number or card
6. Select how you would like to receive your balance. – Show on the screen or receive an SMS
7. Enter your PIN
8. You will receive a confirmation SMS showing your bank account balance!
Know you know your Equity Bank Account Balance.
Equity Bank Kenya Paybill Number
Equity bank is one of the preferred banks in Kenya. Kenyan banking services really improve and became more affordable as Equity Bank made banking affordable for all. It is one of the largest banks in Kenya in terms of customer base.
To make banking more accessible, Equity bank has adopted different measures like using your Mpesa to deposit cash using the Equity paybill number. Equity Bank Kenya Paybill number is 247247.
For all customers having Equity bank accounts to be able to use Equity Bank Kenya Paybill number you will need to follow the following steps
- Open M-Pesa menu, and choose-Lipa na M-Pesa
- Choose –Paybill
- As the Business number enter 247247 which is the Equity bank paybill
- Enter your account no as the Equity Bank account number
Business no: 247247
Account no: 0910245xxxxxx
- Input/Enter the amount: This is the amount of money you want to deposit into your account
- Input your M-PESA PIN
- Ensure to properly check and confirm all the details
- Mpesa message will be sent to you confirming your deposit to your Equity account,
- Equity Bank message will shortly follow also confirming the deposit
It is good to note the above transaction can only be done by someone having an Equity bank account.
Advantages of using Equity Bank Kenya Paybill number
- It is very fast and convenient and can make a deposit any time of the day.
- It saves time as one will not waste any time in the banking hall
- Using you phone you can be able to easily trace all the payments without the need of getting a bank statement
How to Deposit Money into my Equity Bank Account through M-PESA PayBill Number 247247
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit
- Select M-PESA menu
- Select Lipa na M-PESA
- Select Pay Bill
- Select Enter Business no.– Enter Equity Bank’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 247247 and press OK
- Select Enter Account no.– Enter your Equity Bank Account Number (e.g. 0900 xxxx xxxx) press OK
- Enter Amount -Enter the amount you wish to deposit and press OK
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK
- Confirm all the details are correct and press OK
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA.
- Equity Bank will also send you a confirmation SMS.
Equity Bank Kenya Loan Calculator
Looking for Equity Bank Kenya Loan Calculator? Before you take an Equity bank Kenya loan, you might want to check the rate to pay or amount to be paid monthly.
You can easily find Equity Bank Kenya Loan Calculator on their website.
1. Go to Equity Bank Kenya Loan Calculator Page
2. Enter Loan Amount
3. Enter Repayment Period (Months)
4. Enter Loan Rate
5. Calculate interest base on (select one option depending on the type of interest being offered)
- Flat rate
- Reducing balance
6. Click calculate
The Equity Bank Kenya Loan Calculator will give you the
- Monthly Payments:
- Number of Payments:
- Total Interest:
- Total Payment:
NB: Visit a branch near you for more details.
Equity Bank Kenya Opening and Closing Hours
Find Equity Bank Kenya Opening and Closing Hours. Working hours for Equity Bank differ in various branches. In most branches the opening hour is 8:00 am and closing is 4:00PM or 4:30 PM. Below we is list of the working hours for various branches.
Equity bank Moi Avenue opening and closing hours
9 AM- 5PM
Equity bank Kimathi Street opening and closing hours
8 AM-4:30 PM
Equity bank Mama Ngina Street opening and closing hours
8 AM- 4PM
Equity bank Four Way opening and closing hours
8 AM -8PM
Equity bank Kenyatta Avenue opening and closing hours
8 AM – 5PM
Equity bank Westlands opening and closing hours
8AM – 4:30PM
Equity bank Gigiri opening and closing hours
8 AM-4:30 PM
Equity bank Ngara opening and closing hours
8 AM-4:30 PM
Equity Bank Kenya Swift Code
The Equity Bank Kenya Swift Code will be used when you are doing bank transfers, and wires.
A Swift Code is a digit code that is used to identify the financial institution. Equity Bank Kenya Swift Code are used to process wire funds transfers, and direct deposits, bill payments, and other automated transfers. It is mainly used for international wire transfers between banks
The Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters. When 8-digits code is given, it refers to the primary office. The code formatted as below;
Swift Code Format
AAAA BB CC DDD
- AAAA – First 4 characters – bank code (only letters)
- BB – Next 2 characters -2 country code (only letters)
- CC – Next 2 characters – location code (letters and digits) (a passive participant will have “1” in the second character)
- DDD – Last 3 characters – branch code, optional (‘XXX’ for primary office) (letters and digits)
Equity Bank Kenya Swift Code
Equity Bank Kenya Swift Code is EQBLKENA
Equity Customer Care Contacts Kenya
You can contact customer care using the below contacts
Equity Bank Kenya provides Inclusive Financial Services that transform livelihoods and expand opportunities.
Upper Hill – Hospital Road, Equity Centre, 9th floor,
P.O.Box 75104-00200, Nairobi.
Contact Centre Email:email@example.com
Equity Bank Supreme Branches
Equity Bank Supreme Branches are meant to meet the needs of high end customers. For one to have an account at supreme branches you will need to a minimum account balance of Kshs 200,000/=. Customers operating supreme bank account are more advantaged and banking comes with better customer service like availability of a personal bank relationship manager, elegant lounges, free internet once in the banking hall, longer banking hours and easiness in operating their accounts in major global currencies like the dollar and pounds.
Below is the list of Equity Bank Supreme Branches
1. Equity Bank Westlands Supreme Branch
Location: Westlands Nairobi, Westlands Square
Ground Flr, Next To Uchumi
Mobile no: 0707648668
Mobile no: 0731688471
Equity Bank Community Supreme Branch
Location: Community, Upperhill
NHIF Building 1st Flr
Ragati Rd, Community
Telkom Line: 020 2262023
Safaricom no: 0711-026023
Airtel no: 0732-112023
3. Equity Centre Supreme Branch
Location: Upper hill, along Hospital road
Equity Centre Building, Ground Floor
Direct Line: 020 22 62 010
Safaricom no: 0711 026 010
Airtel no: 0732 026 010
4. Equity Bank Kilimani Supreme Branch
Location: Kilimani, Alpha Towers, 2nd Floor
Opposite Yaya Centre, along Argwings Kodhek Rd
Mobile: +254 708 985773
5. Equity Bank Lavington Supreme Branch
Location: Nairobi, Lavington Green, Opposite Lavington United Church
Telkom number : +254202396824/5
Safaricom number: 0707 648666
Airtel number: 0731 688293
6. Equity Bank Mayfair Supreme Branch
Location: Nairobi, Mayfair Centre Building, Ground Floor
Ralph Bunche Road, across Argwings Kodhek Rd
Telkom number: 020 268 9904/7
Safaricom number: 0708 985746
Airtel number: 0731 688555
7. Equity Bank Nyali Supreme Branch
Location: Nyali Super Centre
Links Road Bamburi – Mombasa
Telkom number: +254 20 2396826/7
Safaricom number: 0707 648659
Airtel number: 0731 688321
8. Equity Bank Thika Supreme branch
Location: Thika town, Section 9
Along Thika Kenyatta Highway
Safaricom number: 0715 818554
Airtel number: 0739 500008
Telkom number: 020-2507420 & 020-2507421
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.