Mombasa Technical Training Institute: Looking for Mombasa Technical Training Institute Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts.
Find more details on Mombasa Technical Training Institute below
Mombasa Technical Training Institute
Mombasa Technical Training Institute (Mombasa TTI) is situated in the coastal town of Mombasa. It was established in 1950 as a Technical High School. Upon the introduction of the 8-4-4 system of education, it was elevated to a middle level technical college in 1984 to provide technical training for the middle level man power for both the private and public sectors of the economy. The trainees in the institute are drawn from fresh secondary school leavers, graduates from other tertiary institutions, employees on part-time release basis and the informal (Jua Kali) sector.
Mombasa TTI is managed by a Board of Governors (BOG), which consists of 13 members appointed by the Government to represent the community, industrialists, professionals and various governmental departments. The Principal serves as the Secretary to the Board. The Institution operates under the Education Act and offers curriculum developed by the Kenya Institute of curriculum development (KICD) and the Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT). Mombasa TTI offers courses at Artisan, Craft and Diploma levels, plus a plethora of short-term certificate courses in the part-time programme. All the courses offered at Craft and Diploma levels incorporate Entrepreneurship Training and Industrial Attachment to prepare the trainees for formal and self-employment.
The examining bodies are:-
• The Kenya National Examinations council (KNEC),
• Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examination Board (KASNEB).
Mombasa TTI is a member of the Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions (KATTI). Mombasa TTI has seen tremendous growth in terms of courses offered and the student enrolment from an initial population of 23 students and 24 teaching staff in 1990 to the current 3000 students and 94 teaching staff respectively. This has resulted in a strain on the training facilities whose expansion has unfortunately not matched this student growth. The demands from the market and the changes in curriculum and technology have not been matched by additional training facilities in terms of space, equipment and staff. Mombasa TTI has been identified by the Government of Kenya (GoK) for up-grading to a national polytechnic.
The Institution is bracing itself for such an up-grade to take full advantage of its enhanced capacity in terms of staff numbers and calibre, physical facilities, wide spectrum of courses, unique location close to Central Business District (CBD) of Mombasa and major industries and commercial organizations, existing transportation infrastructure and housing.
Courses Offered at Mombasa Technical Training Institute – MTTI Courses
Take a look at the courses offered at MTTI Mombasa and find one that meets your needs.
Mombasa Technical Training Institute is located along Kisauni road off Jomo Kenyatta Avenue and it offers the following courses
• Diploma in Tourism Management
• Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
• Diploma in Medical Laboratoty Technology
• Diploma in Optical Technology
• Diploma in Refraction Technician
• Diploma in Electrical/Telecommunication Engineering
• Diploma in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering
• Diploma in Building Technology
• Diploma in Information Communication Technology
• Diploma in Social Work & Community Development
• Diploma in Business Management
• Diploma in Sales Marketing
• Diploma in Supplies Chain Management
• Diploma in Journalism & Media
• Diploma in Dietetic Management
MTTI Courses Offered
Diploma Entry qualification
K.C.S.E mean grade of C-
• Craft Certificate in Tour Guiding
• Craft Certificate in Garment Making
• Craft in Science Laboratory Technology
• Craft in Food Science Technology
• Craft in Medical Laboratory Technology
• Craft Certificate in Clerical Operations
• Craft Certificate in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering
• Craft Certificate in Marine Engineering
• Craft Certificate in Welding and Fabrication
• Craft Certificate in Building Technology
• Craft Certificate in Water & Waste Management
• Craft Certificate in Information Communication Technology
• Craft Certificate in Journalism & Media
• Craft Certificate in Supplies Chain Management
• Certificate in Social Work & Community Development
• Certificate in Sales & Marketing
• Certificate in Human Resource Management
• Information Communication Technology Technician
• Cisco Certified Network Association (CCNA)
• Artisan in Seafarers
• Artisan in Food & Beverage
Certificate Entry Requirement
K.C.S.E mean grade of D
• Refrigeration/Welding/Carpentry & Joinery
• House keeping/Wildlife Management/Health and Wellness
• Proficiency in Event Management
• Fashion Design/Interior Décor
• Cake making & Decoration
KCPE and above
KCSE C+ plus C+ in English and Mathematics
KCSE D plain
1. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production) (KNEC)
2. Craft Mechanical Engineering (KNEC)
3. Diploma in Automotives (KNEC)
4. Craft in Automotives (KNEC)
5. Diploma in Building Technology (KNEC)
6. Diploma in civil engineering (KNEC)
7. Craft in Building Technology (KNEC)
8. Craft Craft in Marine Engineering (KNEC)
9. Diploma in Electrical Engineering (KNEC)
10. Diploma Telecommunications (KNEC)
11. Craft in Electrical Engineering (KNEC)
12. Artisan Electrical Wireman (NITA)
13. Diploma in Food & Beverage (KNEC)
14. Craft Food & Beverage (KNEC)
15. Artisan Food & Beverage (KNEC)
16. Diploma in Catering and Accommodation (KNEC)
17. Diploma in Tourism Management (KNEC)
18. Craft Craft in Tour Guiding (KNEC)
19. Diploma in fashion design and garment making. (KNEC)
20. Craft Craft in fashion design and garment making. (KNEC)
21. Diploma in analytical chemistry (KNEC)
22. Diploma in Applied biology (KNEC)
23. Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology(KMLTTB) (KNEC)
24. Craft in Science Laboratory Technology (KNEC)
25. Diploma in Food Technology(KMLTTB) (KNEC)
26. Craft in Food Technology (KNEC)
27. Diploma in Environmental Science (KNEC)
28. Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology (KNEC)
29. Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (KMLT) (KNEC)
30. Craft in Medical Laboratory Technology (KMLT) (KNEC)
31. Diploma in Human Resource Management (KNEC)
32. Craft in Human Resource Management (KNEC)
33. Diploma in Business Management (KNEC)
34. Craft in Business Management (KNEC)
35. Craft in Supplies Chain Management (KNEC)
36. Diploma in Supplies Chain Management (KNEC)
37. Craft in Social work & Community Development (KNEC)
38. Diploma in Social Work & Community Development (KNEC)
39. Diploma in Sales & Marketing (KNEC)
40. Craft in Sales and Marketing (KNEC)
41. Diploma in Information Communications Technology (KNEC)
42. Craft in Information Communications Technology (KNEC)
43. Certified Information Communication Technology (KASNEB)
44. Grade test Motor vehicle mechanics (DIT) (NITA)
45. Grade test Welding and Fabrication (NITA)
46. Grade test Plumbing (DIT) (NITA)
47. Craft in CPA – PART 1-111 (KASNEB)
48. Craft in ATC – 1-11(FINAL) (KASNEB)
Mombasa Technical Training Institute Online Application
Find Mombasa Technical Training Institute Online Application. You can now apply online for the course you want.
You can find the application form here
Contact the institution for more details
Mombasa Technical Training Institute Admission Requirements
Mombasa Technical Training Institute Admission Requirements varies depending on the course you want to apply.
Admission to programs at Mombasa Technical Training Institute is done according to laid down procedures. An applicant shall satisfy the entry requirements for different levels as stipulated by the national examining bodies.
The admission options available to prospective students are as follows:-
Diploma: An applicant should have at least a mean grade of C (plain).
Craft: An applicant should have a minimum of a D+ in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education. Engineering courses also require a D+ in Mathematics and Physics.
Artisan:An applicant should have a minimum qualification of Kenya Certificate of Primary Education to qualify for admission.
Short courses: That are internally examined run between 2 months and 6 months are open to the public.
KASNEB Courses and Registration Requirements
A person seeking to be registered as a student of KASNEB for any of the technician examinations must show evidence of being a holder of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade D+ (D Plus).
A person seeking to be registered as a student of KASNEB for any of the professional examinations must show evidence of being a holder of one of the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with an aggregate average of at least grade C+ (C plus) provided the applicant has obtained a minimum of a grade C + (C plus) in both English and Mathematics.
- KASNEB technician or professional examination certificate.
- A degree from a recognized university.
- Such other certificates or diplomas may be approved by KASNEB
Mombasa Technical Training Institute Fee Structure
Mombasa technical training institute fee structure depends on the course that you want to undertake. Contact the college for more information
Mombasa Technical Training Institute Contacts
P.O. BOX 81220 – 80100, Mombasa, Kenya
+254 (0) 712725554
+254 (0) 710389727
Phone: +254 712 725 554 | +254 710 389 727
Phone: +254 712 725 554
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.