Kenya Medical Training College Kisii Campus was started as an institution training dressers /nurse aides in 1958 under the colonial government. After independence, the institution commenced the structured training of enrolled nurses (EN) in 1972, and later in 1980 a certificate course for Enrolled community health nurses (ECHN). In 1999 the college upgraded to offer Diploma in Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) with two intakes of nursing students in March and September of each calendar year.
In 2000 the college stated offering Diploma in Clinical Medicine and in September 2007 the college further developed to train Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences The training facilities had been developed by the government
Kenya Medical Training College Kisii Campus is located in Kisii County within Kisii Central Business District.
The college is situated along the Kisii Hospital road and is adjacent to the main Kisii Teaching and Referral Hospital.