Looking for Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts. Find more details on Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology below
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT)
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT), was started in 1948 as a training division within the Public Works department. Its main reason was to carter for skills improvement which had become necessary in the country. KIHBT training areas included Roads Road Foremen, Water Foremen, Inspectors and Survey Assistants
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology is now a major skill improvement training centre, well staffed and with an annual trainee turnover of more than three thousand.
“To Become The Preferred Infrastructure training Institution In Africa And Beyond”
“To Facilitate the provision of High Quality infrastructure through training”
Courses offered at Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology
Find some of the Courses offered at Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology.
The Branch offers the following courses:
1. Diploma in computer studies
3. Basic Computer Applications
4. Tailor Made courses such as Roads Maintenance Management System (RMMS) for engineers
The courses are mounted either as short courses or under the regular programme mode. Certificates for the diploma courses are awarded by the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC), and those for other courses are awarded by internally the institute.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING BRANCH
The following engineering programmes are offered:
1. Construction plant option (Repair & Maintenance of Earth Moving Equipment/Construction Machines)
2. Industrial plant (Repair & Maintenance of Industrial Machines/Equipment)
3. Automotive Engineering(Repair & Maintenance of Motor Vehicles)
Each of these Diploma courses takes three years.
All the three listed diploma courses are offered on full time basis, and are taught by highly qualified staff.
The programs consist of coursework, workshops, projects, field attachments and industrial visits to initiate research and innovation.
The branch also offers Motor Vehicle Mechanic courses examined by the Ministry Of Labor leading to the issuance of Grades III, II and I certificate.
CIVIL ENGINEERING BRANCH
The following courses are offered
1. Diploma in Civil Engineering
2. Diploma in Highway Engineering
3. Diploma in Land Survey
4. Higher Diploma in Construction
o Highway engineering option.
o Building Economics option.
o Building and Civil Engineering option.
o Structural Engineering option
The Building Branch has continued to train for the infrastructure sector and currently offers the following programmes;
1. Internally certified short and tailor-made Capacity Building Courses namely; Building Supervisors, Contract Management, Safety in Construction Sites, Occupational Health Safety and Environment and other skills improvement courses in plumbing, painting, masonry and Carpentry/Joinery.
2. Regular Diploma and Craft Courses which are KNEC and NITA examined;
1. Diploma in Architecture
2. Diploma in Building Technology
3. Diploma in Quantity Surveying
4. Craft Certificate in: – Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
6. Carpentry and Joinery
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS BRANCH
The branch offers both regular and short term courses which lead to:
• Higher Diploma
• Diploma Craft Certificates
• Proficiency certificate in:
Government Trade Test Certificates
DRIVER TRAINING SCHOOL
The school offers:
1. Basic Motor Vehicle Driver training
2. Basic Motor Cycle riding
3. Refresher driving courses (for already serving drivers)
4. Defensive driving courses (for already serving drivers)
5. First Aid course.
The Roads Branch is one of the pioneer branches of the Institute. It specializes in training for Capacity Building in the roads sector. This involves imparting skills mainly to practicing and prospective road construction contractors, site agents, site supervisors and overseers.
The Branch offers the following Short courses (4 – 6 weeks):
1. R2000 Contractors
2. R2000 Site Agents
3. R2000 Site Supervisors
4. Road Overseers
5. Labour-Based methods of Road Construction and Maintenance
6. Low Volume Road Pavement Surfacing
The courses are delivered both in the field and in campus and are highly practice oriented.
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Admission Requirements
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Admission Requirements vary depending on the course you want to take. Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology strive to admit those applicants who are best prepared to benefit from and contribute to the society.
Find more details here
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Fees Structure
The fees structure depends on the course that you are undertaking at the time of application.
Contact the college using the below contact information for more details
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Application Forms
You can download Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Application Forms here
You can also contact the college using the contacts details below.
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Nairobi Main Campus
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Nairobi Main Campus is situated on Commercial Street in Nairobi Industrial area.
KIHBT is a public institution vested with the mandate of training Ministry of Roads Staff and Other Government Employees, the public and private sector trainees in the various technical fields. The institute also trains other nationalities
The Institute’s administrative offices and all Higher Diploma Courses are Conducted in the Nairobi Main Campus
Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology Contact Information
Box 57511, Nairobi, 0020
KENYA INSTITUTE OF HIGHWAYS & BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
P. O. Box 57511– 00200 NAIROBI
Telephone: 020- 2465760/1