Looking for Egerton University Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts. Find more details on Egerton University below
- Egerton University
- Courses offered at Egerton University
- Egerton University Admissions
- Egerton University Admission Requirements
- Egerton University Doctorate Programs Admission Requirements
- Egerton University Bachelor’s Degree programmes Admission Requirements
- Egerton University Masters Programmes Admission Requirements
- Egerton University Fee Structure
- Egerton University Application Forms
- Egerton University Scholarships
- Egerton University Online Courses
- Egerton University Contacts
Egerton University main campus is situated in Njoro, approximately 25 kilometres, southwest of the town of Nakuru. This is located approximately 180 kilometres northwest of Nairobi by road. The coordinates of the university main campus are:0°22’11.0″S, 35°55’58.0″E (Latitude:-0.369734; Longitude:35.932779).
Courses offered at Egerton University
Egerton University is the oldest institution of higher learning in Kenya. Find some of the courses that are offered at Egerton University.
- Diploma in Agricultural Education & Extension
- Diploma in Animal Health
- Diploma in Animal Science and Technology
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Dryland Resources Management
- Diploma in Eco-tourism and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Education (Arts)
- Diploma in Education (Primary)
- Diploma in Farm Resource Management
- Diploma in Gender, Women and Development Studies
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Diploma in Military Science
- Diploma in Modern Chemistry Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management
- B. Sc in Agriculture
- B. Sc. in Animal Sciences
- B. Sc. in Natural Resources Management
- B. Sc. in Water and Environmental Engineering
- B. Sc. in Wildlife Enterprise and Management
- B.A. in Communication & Media
- B.A. in Economics & Sociology
- B.A. in Economics and History
- B.A. in English and Communication
- B.A. in Gender, Women and Development Studies
- B.A. in History
- B.A. in History and International Studies
- B.A. in Kiswahili and Communication
- B.A. in Peace Education
- B.A. in Sociology and Religious Studies
- B.Ed. (Arts)
- B.Ed. (Early Childhood Development & Education)
- B.Ed. (Primary)
- B.Ed. (Science)
- B.Sc. in Software Engineering
- B.Sc. (Agricultural Education and Extension)
- B.Sc. (Clothing, Textiles and Interior Design)
- B.Sc. (Community Development)
- B.Sc. in Actuarial Science
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Economics
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering
- B.Sc. in Agriculture
- B.Sc. in Animal Health Management
- B.Sc. in Applied Aquatic Sciences
- B.Sc. in Applied Computer Science
- B.Sc. in Biochemistry
- B.Sc. in Biomedical Science and Technology
- B.Sc. in Computer Science
- B.Sc. in Criminology and Security Studies
- B.Sc. in Dairy Technology and Management
- B.Sc. in Dryland Resources Management
- B.Sc. in Economics and Statistics
- B.Sc. in Ecotourism and Hospitality management
- B.Sc. in Environmental Science
- B.Sc. in Food Science and Technology
- B.Sc. in Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Sc. in Geography
- B.Sc. in Horticulture
- B.Sc. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.Sc. in Integrated Forest Resources Management
- B.Sc. in Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
- B.Sc. in Nursing
- B.Sc. in Soil Environment and Land Use Management
- B.Sc. in Statistics
- Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Business Information and Management
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Cooperative Management
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Bachelor of Industrial Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Library and Information Studies
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Military Science
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine
- Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery
- BSc. (Agriculture and Human Ecology Extension)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental and Social Sciences Research
- Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Gender, Poverty and Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Probation Practice and Correctional Studies
- Joint Degree Master Programme in Limnology and Wetland Management
- M. A. in Urban Management
- M. Sc. in Soil Sciences
- M.A. in Gender, Women and Development Studies
- M.A. (Guidance and Counseling)
- M.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice
- M.A. in Applied Linguistics
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in English Language and Linguistics
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Kiswahili
- M.A. in Literature
- M.A. in Sociology
- M.A. Security Management
- M.A./M.Sc. in Geography
- M.Ed. (Curriculum and Instruction)
- M.Ed. (Educational Foundations)
- M.Ed. (Educational Management)
- M.Ed. (Guidance and Counseling)
- M.Ed. (Science Education)
- M.Sc. in Animal Breeding and Genetics
- M.Sc. (Agricultural Education)
- M.Sc. (Agricultural Extension)
- M.Sc. (Community Studies and Extension)
- M.Sc. in Agribusiness Management
- M.Sc. in Agricultural and Applied Economics
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Information and Communication Management
- M.Sc. in Agronomy
- M.Sc. in Animal Nutrition
- M.Sc. in Animal Physiology
- M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry
- M.Sc. in Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Crop Protection
- M.Sc. in Dryland Agro-Pastoral Systems
- M.Sc. in Dryland Farming
- M.Sc. in Dryland Integrated Land Management Systems
- M.Sc. in Dryland Resources Management
- M.Sc. in Engineering Systems and Management
- M.Sc. in Environmental and Occupational Health
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science
- M.Sc. in Food Science
- M.Sc. in Horticulture
- M.Sc. in Limnology
- M.Sc. in Livestock Production Systems
- M.Sc. in Medical Parasitology
- M.Sc. in Natural Resources and Peace
- M.Sc. in Natural Resources Management
- M.Sc. in Nutritional Sciences
- M.Sc. in Physics
- M.Sc. in Plant Biotechnology
- M.Sc. in Plant Breeding
- M.Sc. in Plant Pathology
- M.Sc. in Pure Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Soil and Water Engineering
- M.Sc. in Statistics
- M.Sc. in Water Resources and Environmental Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of information Science
- Master of Information Systems
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Knowledge Management
- Master of Research and Public Policy
- Masters in Measurement and Evaluation
- Masters of Agricultural Engineering
- Nursing Diploma – Kenya Registered Community Health (In-service)
- Ph.D. (Agricultural and Rural Innovation)
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Education)
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Extension)
- Ph.D. (Community Studies and Extension)
- Ph.D. (Counseling Psychology)
- Ph.D. (Curriculum and Instruction)
- Ph.D. (Educational Foundations)
- Ph.D. (Educational Management)
- Ph.D. (Educational Psychology)
- Ph.D. (Guidance and Counseling)
- Ph.D. (Mathematics Education)
- Ph.D. (Science Education)
- Ph.D. in Agribusiness Management
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering
- Ph.D. in Agronomy
- Ph.D. in Animal Science
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry
- Ph.D. in Business and Management (Course Work Option)
- Ph.D. in Business and Management (Research Option)
- Ph.D. in Chemistry
- Ph.D. in Crop Protection
- Ph.D. in Dryland Agriculture and Resource Management
- Ph.D. in Economics
- Ph.D. in English Language and Linguistics
- Ph.D. in Environmental and Occupational Health
- Ph.D. in Environmental Science
- Ph.D. in Food Science
- Ph.D. in Geography
- Ph.D. in History
- Ph.D. in Horticulture
- Ph.D. in Kiswahili
- Ph.D. in Limnology
- Ph.D. in Literature
- Ph.D. in Medical Parasitology
- Ph.D. in Natural Resources Management
- Ph.D. in Nutritional Sciences
- Ph.D. in Physics
- Ph.D. in Plant Biotechnology
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding
- Ph.D. in Plant Pathology
- Ph.D. in Pure Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Religious Studies
- Ph.D. in Sociology
- Ph.D. in Soil Science
- Ph.D. in Statistics
- Ph.D. in Urban Management
- PhD in Gender, Women and Development Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy in Dryland Resources Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Natural Resources and Peace
Egerton University Admissions
Enquiries for all diploma programmes should be made to:
The Registrar (Academic Affairs),
P. O. Box 536-20115, EGERTON, Kenya.
The closing date for receiving applications for the diploma programmes shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Diploma Programmes
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they do not in any way, entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
• Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade ‘C’ passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya
• National Examinations Council or equivalent. Provided that candidates with disabilities will be given special consideration with regard to the number of subjects taken at KCSE.
• Hold a certificate from a recognized institution with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization, acceptable to Senate.
• Meet additional or specific entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School or Institute offering the Diploma programme.
Egerton University Admission Requirements
Searching for Egerton University Admission Requirements? Find Egerton University Admission Requirements below; For more information contact the university
Egerton University Doctorate Programs Admission Requirements
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme at Egerton University must meet the following requirements;
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as evidenced by at least one of the following:
• Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
• Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
• Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
• Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master’s programme.
b) Fulfill specific requirements as maybe stipulated by respective Department,
Faculty/School/Institute/Campus with regard to the field of study.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
Application forms may be obtained from the Director,Board of Graduate Studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
Where a candidate is to pursue the programme by Research/thesis only, the candidate will be required to present a Research Proposal together with the application for registration.
Where the candidate is to pursue the programme by Coursework, Examination and thesis, the candidate shall be required to submit a brief summary of the intended area of study together with the Application Forms. A full Research Proposal shall be submitted within three (3) months or registration.
All applications for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty/School Institute/Campus Board concerned for approval and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate Studies.
Before recommending a candidate for registration, the Department and Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned shall ensure that:
• The proposed field of study is academically sound and can successfully be pursued and supervised.
• There exist adequate facilities and resources for effective research
• The appropriate fees have been paid.
Egerton University Bachelor’s Degree programmes Admission Requirements
Enquiries for all Bachelor’s Degree programmes offered should be made to;
The Registrar (AcademicAffairs),
Egerton University, P. O. Box 536-20115,
The closing date for receiving applications for the Bachelor’s degree programmes shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
Mininum Entry Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they in no way entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
• Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade C+ (C plus)\passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent.
• Have one of the following combinations of passes in the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education examination:
• Two (2) Principal passes obtained at the same sitting.
• Egerton University Statutes 2008 43
• Two (2) Principal passes obtained at different sittings provided the passes are of Grade C or higher.
• Hold a Diploma of Egerton University with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or an equivalent
• Qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization acceptable to Senate. Those with a ‘Pass’ Diploma will be considered if they have at least two years relevant experience after graduation.
Meet additional entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School or Institute.
To be admitted for a PRE-SERVICE DEGREE PROGRAM, a prospective candidate must have all the requirements set up by the joint Admission Board (JAB), with a prospective IN-SERVICE student must have completed a diploma program in the relevant field and graduated with at least a CREDIT.
Egerton University Masters Programmes Admission Requirements
Application forms may be obtained from the Director,Board of Postgraduate studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
• All applicants for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty board concerned for approval Egerton University Statutes 2008 51 and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate studies.
• Applicants shall be admitted to only one Degree programme at a time.
• Admission shall be confirmed by letter from the Direct, Board of Postgraduate Studies
• Admission shall be offered to holders of a Bachelor’s Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions.
• In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s programme a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours provided that such candidate can, on the basis of the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
• Subject to approval by the Senate, Departments may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained other academic qualifications as may be consistent with the goals of their Master’s programmes or to appear for interview to determine their suitability for admission. (See annex Pre-masters)
• In exceptional cases, holder of lower second class honour may be admitted if they have two years of relevant experience.
Egerton University Fee Structure
Egerton University Fee Structure. Find Fee Structure for Egerton University here
The main campus of the university is located in Njoro, approximately 25 kilometres, southwest of the town of Nakuru.
The university offers many academic programs,which include diploma, a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or a doctorate (PhD).
Egerton University Application Forms
Find Application Forms for Egerton University on the university website below
Egerton University Scholarships
Egerton University Scholarships for Academic Excellence
An Endowment Fund Scholarships for Undergraduate students at Egerton University has been established. This is part of the initiatives by the Egerton University Endowment Fund setup in the year 2007 to provide scholarship to bright but needy students in the continuing years.
Eligibility for awards includes:
Must be joint admission board GAB) students, self sponsored students are not eligible Must be continuing student in 2nd year and above Have exemplary academic performance with a minimum and sustained Cumulative Weighted Average of 70.00 (First Class Honors)
Proof of need as evidenced by needs assessment report from the dean of students
Interested students should send their applications to the Director, Board of Undergraduate Studies and Attachment Programmes enclosing the following:
I. Certified copies of the previous year (s)provisional transcripts.
1. Certificate of good conduct from the University Chief Security Officer.
2. Needs Assessment Report from the Dean of Student.
iv. Recommendation letter from the Chairman of Department and Dean of the Faculty.
1. Copy of Student Identification Card
vi. 2-page resume indicating affiliation to clubs and any other qualification as evidenced by certificates /testimonials.
The process of vetting promises to be above board with applicants going under rigorous selection that will include oral interviews.
Egerton University Online Courses
Searching for Egerton University Online Courses? Egerton University has an e-learning platform where students can undertake different courses.
There are three intakes in an academic year. The Academic Year is split into three Sessions,
1. The First Session runs from January to April.
2. The Second Session from May to August.
3. The Third Session running from September to December.
Applications are to be done before the start of the Sessions above and Registration for this Session takes place at the start of First month of the given Session.
Currently there are two Regional Centres in Egerton University Njoro Main Campus and Nairobi City Campus. It is planned that there will be nine (9) regional centres where e-learning educational resources and student services will be provided.
The centres will be located in Nakuru, Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Meru, Kitale, Machakos and Embu.
PROGRAMS ON OFFER
• Bachelor of Science in Community Development
• Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Security Studies
• Bachelor of Library and Information Science
• Bachelor of Commerce
• Bachelor of Psychology
• Master of Science in Community Development and Extension
• Master of Arts in Criminology and Security Studies
• Masters in Business Administration and Executive Masters in Business Administration
• Master of Arts in Security Management
• Master of Education Management
Egerton University Contacts
Egerton University Contact Information
Egerton University Njoro Campus
Email Address: email@example.com
Tel : 254-051-2217891/2 254-051-2217781
Address: P.O Box 536 Egerton 20115 Kenya
Egerton University Nakuru Town campus
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 254-051-2217891/2 254-051-2217781
Address: P.O Box 536 Egerton 20115 Kenya
NAIROBI CAMPUS Located at Stanbank House,
Moi Avenue (Opposite Hilton Hotel).
Tel: 0736309390, 0704309390