Wote Technical Training Institute was started as a skills training centre in 1990 by Voluntary Service Overseas and was offering short term courses to youth polytechnic instructors and Jua Kali artisans. A multipurpose hall and two staff houses were put up. Eight years ago, JICA donated 4 million that was used in putting up two hostels and masonry water tank.
The institute is located 3 kilometers from Wote town in Makueni County along the Wote-Makindu road. It is situated between Makueni Girls and the Ministry of public works offices on the slopes, of a scenic hill, overlooking Wote town. Phenomenal infrastructural development has taken place due to support by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology.
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (State department of science and devolution), the B.O.G, teachers and non-teaching staff have enabled the following to be achieved within a short time.
• Face lifting of the main block and staff houses;
• Renovation of hostels;
• Acquisition of substantial tuition materials and office equipment;
• Underground water tank;
• Automotive Engineering workshop
• The simultaneous construction of electrical/electronic engineering complex;
• Construction of stimulus project II workshops/ laboratories complex/ Building and civil engineering workshop.
• Construction of Food and Beverage complex
• Playing ground
• Fiber optic connectivity
• ISO certified
There is adequate accommodation for both male and female students while the fees charged is comparatively low. The environment is learner friendly.
Courses Offered at Wote Technical Training Institute
Wote Technical Training Institute Fees Structure
Wote Technical Training Institute Application Form
Wote Technical Training Institute Online Application
Wote Technical Training Institute Admission Requirements
Wote Technical Training Institute Contacts