Moi University is a public university situated in the town of Eldoret. The university was the second public university to be established in Kenya. It was established in 1984 by the Moi University Act of Parliament after recommendations from the Mackay Commission.
The university offers courses in certificates, diploma, undergraduate, masters, PostGraduate Diploma and Doctorate of Philosophy programmes in diverse fields.
To be the University of choice in nurturing innovation and talent in science, technology and development.
To preserve, create, and disseminate knowledge, conserve and develop scientific, technological and cultural heritage through quality teaching and research; to create conducive work and learning environment; and to work with stakeholders for the betterment of society.
1. Promotion and defense of intellectual and academic freedom, scholarship and relentless search for truth
2. Fostering teamwork, innovation, networking, tolerance, and a culture of peace.
3. Embracing excellence, transparency & accountability.
4. Practicing professionalism, meritocracy, equality, integrity and social justice.
5. Maintaining self-respect, discipline, responsibility, institutional loyalty, national patriotism & international competitiveness.
6. Continual improvement of services in order to remain competitive and relevant
Moi University, Main Campus, Kesses
P.O Box 3900-30100 Eldoret
Uasin Gishu County, Kenya