The University of Alabama was founded in 1831 as the state’s first public college. The University of Alabama is dedicated to excellence in research, teaching and service. It provides provide a creative and nurturing campus environment where students can become the best individuals possible, learn from the best and brightest faculty, and make a positive difference in the community, the state and the world.
The University of Alabama is committed to supporting the aspirations of its students. The commitment is reflected in an educational experience that demonstrates an unwavering commitment to teaching excellence, the advancement of scholarship and service to society.
To advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the state, the nation and the world through the creation, translation and dissemination of knowledge with an emphasis on quality programs in the areas of teaching, research and service.
To be known as the university of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama, and all students who seek exceptional educational opportunities. The University of Alabama will be a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhance the quality of life for all Alabamians and the citizens of the nation and the world.
The University of Alabama is committed to:
• Undergraduate education that produces socially-conscious, ethical and well-rounded leaders who are grounded in their subject matter and capable of controlling their own destinies.
• Graduate education that is deeply vested in subject matter knowledge, professional content, research skills and creative activity.
• Public outreach and service that is held in the highest regard and fosters impactful public engagement to enhance the quality of life for the citizens of Alabama, the nation and the world.
• Campus life that embodies collaboration, collegiality, respect and a culture of inclusivity.
• Provide a premier undergraduate and graduate education that offers a global perspective and is characterized by outstanding teaching, high-quality scholarship and distinctive curricular and co-curricular programs.
• Increase the University’s productivity and innovation in research, scholarship and creative activities that impact economic and societal development.
• Enrich our learning and work environment by providing an accepting, inclusive community that attracts and supports a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
• Provide opportunities and resources that facilitate work-life balance and enhance the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty and staff.
- Courses offered at The University of Alabama
- Online and Distance Learning Courses at the University of Alabama
- Scholarships for The University of Alabama
- The University of Alabama Admission Requirements
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Website : https://www.ua.edu/
View Contacts here