Makindu institute of technology (MIT) is situated along Mombasa- Nairobi Highway in Makindu town and about 3 km from the highway.
The institute is a post secondary technical, industrial, vocational and entrepreneurial training (TIVET) institution and is a direct outgrowth of the increasing demand for technical manpower attendant to vision 2030. The main purpose of MIT is to produce mid-level technicians and technologists who can devote themselves to a national development through the dissemination of technical knowledge in every field of society. The specialized courses offered here are on full time and part-time modes facilitated through our three key departments providing practical instruction in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business and Developmental Studies and Information Communication Technology.
To be an international centre of excellence in research and technical training.
To train and produce knowledgeable skilled, innovative and responsible manpower in technical and business disciplines to meet the changing needs of industry and society.
Quality Policy Statement
MIT is committed to providing quality Technical, industrial, vocational and entrepreneurship training that is innovative and research based that shall consistently meet and exceeds its customer requirements and expectations.
• Serve our clients promptly.
• Respond to you correspondence.
• Place public interest before personal gain and offer services without discrimination.
• Provide quality training to our trainees adhering to the highest ethical standards
• Access and grade our trainees at least once while on field attachment and in their internal stage exam.
• Make available to each trainee fee invoices for preceding terms.
P.O. Box 79 – 90138