Limos Development College (LDC) is a purpose driven, market-oriented middle-level institution of higher learning in Kenya, located in Bomet County, Bomet East Constituency, Kembu Ward-Tegat Location-about 18 KMs to the East-off Longisa Township along Bomet-Narok Highway.
Strategically located in the scenic view of the great Mau-Forest, LDC provides the most fresh and conducive learning environment. It is committed to expanding local access to education and sustainable development and equip learners with the necessary knowledge and skills to compete in both local, national and international labour markets.
Our core purpose is investing in education for sustainable development, healthy and culturally enriched communities.
To be a leading educational institution in the region by providing opportunities that enable students to develop knowledge and skills necessary to achieve their professional goals, improve the productivity of their organizations and provide leadership and service to their communities.
To provide high quality, accessible and affordable educational and learning opportunities and services that promotes individual development and improves the overall quality of life in the community. This purpose requires a fundamental commitment to student success through teaching and learning excellence within a supportive environment.
In line with the National Government Education Policy, LMDC’s main goal is to provide and promote lifelong education and training for self-reliance. Our training programmes will provide opportunities for individuals to learn the practical, social and personal skills that will enable them to function at workplaces and as members of society.
1. Student Focus : Meeting community and student needs by creating an educational environment and culture so students can attain a variety of goals.
2. Excellence : Maintain a high standard of integrity and performance leading to the achievement of academic and professional goals.
3. Social responsibility: providing leadership in responding to issues of national and global concern through collaborative efforts.
4. Diversity : Fostering a learning community in which the values, goals, and learning styles of all students are recognized and supported.
5. Life-Long Learning : Serving enthusiastic, independent thinkers and learners striving for personal growth.
6. Integrity : ensuring the pursuit of excellence within the university by upholding professional and ethical standards and accountability.
7. Technological Advancement : Keeping pace with global technology trends and enhancing traditional instruction with technology to prepare students for success in the work place.
1. To provide Technical Training for self-reliance to graduates of Secondary and Primary Schools to enable them enter the world of work either as self- employed or salaried workers.
2. To provide skill-upgrading courses to people already in employment whether salaried or self – employed.
3. To provide continuing education and further training through part-time or distance learning modules or any other appropriate mode.
4. To provide an entrepreneurial culture within LDC and the immediate community and to inculcate this in LDC students through entrepreneurship education and activities.
5. To engage in applied research to promote innovation and appropriate technology.
6. To establish and run income-generating enterprises for the purpose of generating funds to support training and also to provide facilities for internal practical attachment.
Limos Development College
P.o Box 603-20400-Bomet,
E-mail: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org