In April 9, 2018 Amina Mohamed, Education Cabinet Secretary laid out the placement data for the 2018/2019 cycle. This makes public the number of students that joined different universities/colleges for different courses under the sponsorship of government.
These students include those that did their KCSE in 2017 and also those from previous years.
The release was made at KICD offices in Ngara, where the CS said that 62,151 students who had scored C plus and above were placed in different universities across the country. Amb Amina Mohammed noted that out of 69,151 students who scored C plus and above the KUCCPS was able to place more that 90 percent.
In KUCCPS 2018-2019 placement around 553 students who qualified for degree courses chose to do diploma courses and were successfully placed to programmes of their choice.
Additionally, 2,128 students who qualified to join university did not apply to join and 3,619 applied but could not competitively secure placement. Students who had scored C plan and C minus in the 2017 KCSE were 100,906 and out of these 28,866 were placed in colleges around the country.
KUCCPS has given an opportunity for students wishing to transfer to other programmes one month to do so. The course transfer period will be done from 1ST May 2018 to 30TH May 2018.
How to know which college or university you have placed by KUCCPS
KUCCPS does inform all the successful applicants through direct SMS and students may also login to KUCCPS student’s online portal
KUCCPS student’s online portal
KUCCPS 2018/2019 Inter-Institution Transfer Applications
Beginning 1st May 2018 to 30th May 2018 KUCCPS Placement Service online application system did open for inter-institutional transfer applications. This presents a good opportunity for students who did their KCSE in 2017 and were selected to join different institutions the chance to choose and transfer to a college or university of their choice.
How apply for KUCCPS 2018/2019 Inter-Institution Transfer
- Students are expected to log in to the KUCCPS student’s online portal: http://students.kuccps.net
- Once logged in the process is clearly stated in the portal.
- Transfer application fee will be paid once you complete all the steps stated. No advance payments should be made.
- The M-Pesa Pay Bill No. 820201 and all transfer payments must be made in that M-pesa account
- Students are warned against sending any money to individuals who may pose as KUCCPS. Any losses incurred in the process will be considered by KUCCPS
- After finishing the application, download and print the application form. The form should be signed and stamped by the head of the heads of the two colleges or Universities concerned. In this case for universities it will be the Vice-Chancellors and for colleges it will the Principals
- All instruction included in the portal should be adhered to