Looking for Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Courses, Fees Structure, Admission Requirements, Application Form, Contacts. Find more details on Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development below
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development (KISWCD) is a Community-focused Development and Training Institution without any Governmental, Religious or political affiliation.
The KISWCD was initiated in 1997 and incorporated on 22nd June 2000 as a Private Company limited by guarantee. It was registered by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology on 22nd August 2002 as a training Institution [Registration no. MOEST/PC/758/2002]
It is managed by a Board of Governors who are experienced in the areas of Social work, Educational Institutions management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Finance and Accounting, Psychology, Environmental Health, Counseling and Law among others.
KISWCD is a member of a number of International organizations and Associations and an examination Centre for KNEC, ICM UK, AQA UK, ABMA among others. Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development offers Certificate and Diploma courses in Community Development, Social Work and Welfare, Project Management, Community Health and Counseling among others. A number of short courses and consultancy services are available.
The years the institution has been in operation it has distinguished itself as a Centre of excellence; drawing students from virtually all major NGOs, Government departments and the Private sector. Foreign students from Uganda, Tanzania, Mozambique, Sudan, Somalia, Malawi and Ethiopia have continued to enroll in KISWCD signifying the confidence that the region has in the institution. Empowerment of the community through training and management is the basic foundation of the Institute.
To be the leading training institution in the fields of Social Work and Community Development in the region and beyond.
KISWCD strives to train qualified Community Development Workers to assist the community in project planning and management. This is done to ensure that Communities are self-reliant in small-scale business entrepreneurship, income generating activities, food security, public health care, water and sanitation, improved shelter, and environment.
KISWCD is committed to achieving excellence in meeting the training and management needs of the community through the creation and maintenance of community centered courses as well as conducting quality research.
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development is conventionally located within the city centre on Southern House, 2nd Floor of Moi Avenue, Opposite Meridian Hotel. The campus is well supplied with water, well equipped library and qualified staff. The conference facility is well equipped for training, workshops and seminars. The lecture hall can accommodate large number of students to a capacity of 120. On campus, the college offers short courses, advanced diploma, diploma and certificate day and evening programmes The campus accommodates many of students at YMCA and St. John’s hostels. Meals are served at the hostels. The hostels have recreational facilities such as soccer, basketball, volleyball courts and recreational center for various indoor games and entertainment.
• Studying professionals who wish for flexibility in managing their time. Students working or staying in areas where suitable learning institutions are not available.
• Companies training their staff without wishing to disrupt operations.
• NGO staff working in remote areas.
• Students enrolled in other programs of study e.g. university students.
• School leavers waiting to join university or deciding on what careers to take.
• Students outside Nairobi who cannot find suitable accommodation or who find the cost of living in Nairobi too high.
Courses Offered at Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development
Take a look at the courses offered at Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development and find one that meets your needs.
KISWCD ECDE Teachers Training College Courses
• Certificate in early Childhood
• Diploma in early Childhood
Department of Social Work & Community Development
• Certificate in Social Development
• Certificate in Community Development
• Certificate in Social Work and Welfare
• Diploma in Community Development
• Diploma in Social Work & Welfare
• Diploma in Poverty, Relief and Sustainable Development
• Diploma in Gender and Women Empowerment
• Diploma in Criminology
• Diploma in Administration
Department of Community Health and Nutrition Courses
• Certificate in Community Health and Development
• Certificate in HIV/AIDS Management
• Diploma in Community Health and Nutrition
• Diploma in HIV/AIDS Management
• Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics Management
Department of Business Management
• Certificate in Project Planning and Management
• Certificate in Leadership Studies
• Certificate in Business Management
• Certificate in Human Resources Management
• Certificate in Logistics and Suplies Management
• Diploma in Human Resource Management
• Diploma in Business Management
• Diploma in Logistics and Supplies Management
• Diploma in Project Planning and Management
• Diploma in Leadership Studies
• Diploma in Disaster Mitigation and Management
• Diploma in Management of NGOs and CBOs
KISWCD – Professional Counseling Center
• Certificate in Psychology
• Certificate in Counseling Psychology
• Diploma in Chemical Dependency and Addictions Option
• Diploma in Child and adolescent counseling Option
• Diploma in Disaster Management and trauma counseling Option
• Diploma in HIV Testing and counseling in community and clinical settings option
• Diploma in Guidance and Counseling in Learning Institutions
• Diploma in Marriage and family therapy option
• Diploma in Special needs and disability option
• Diploma in Spiritual counseling
KISWCD – ICT Training Center
• Certificate in Computer Studies
• Certificate in Information Technology
• Certificate in Information Communication Technology
• Diploma in Computer Studies
• Diploma in Information Technology
• Diploma in Information Communication Technology
• Computer Packages
Advanced Diploma Programmes
• Advanced Diploma in Community Development
• Advanced Diploma in Project Planning and Management
• Advanced Diploma in Human Resource and Business Management
• Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
• Advanced Diploma in HIV/AIDS Management
• Advanced Diploma in Business Management
• KDLC Certificate Courses
• KDLC Diploma Courses
• KDLC Advanced Diploma Courses
• KISWCD Professional Training and Management
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Admission Requirements
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Admission Requirements varies depending on the course you want to apply. Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development strives to admit those applicants who are best prepared to benefit from and contribute to the society.
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Online Application
Find Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Online Application here. You can now apply online for the course you want.
For more information Contact
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Intake
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Intake. We have three intakes January, May and September every year. Enrollment for all courses is possible through out the year. Students can also register on our website through our Online Application
MODE OF STUDY
Several methods of study are available and include;
|Full –Time (Day Time)||Between 8.00 am – 6.00 pm [Mon – Fri]|
|Evening Classes||Between 5.30 pm – 8.30pm [Mon – Fri] at County Branch|
|Saturday Classes||Between 8.00am – 4.00pm|
|Blocks||April, August and December|
|Distant Learning Programme (Learning by correspondence)|
KISWCD does not offer in-house accommodation for students. However, arrangements are made to secure safe accommodation for students and this cost is met directly by the students.
FIELD WORK ATTACHMENT
All students are required to get attachments in NGOs, Churches & other organizations involved in community work for a period of not less than two months. This is mandatory and will take place during the academic year.
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Fees Structure
The fees structure depends on the course that you are undertaking at the time of application.
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Scholarship Programme
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Scholarship Programme. KISWCD has finally rolled the Bursary/Scholarship programme for needy students
The KISWCD bursary Scheme generally aims at overcoming barriers which hamper access to our programmes by those that are needy including the marginalized groups in ASAL areas, urban slums as well as the rural poor. The scheme aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Enhance access to KISWCD Programmes by the youth from poor households
- Ensure Gender balance in our programmes by targeting girls from poor backgrounds
- Enhance the participation of OVCs in our programmes
The bursary programme targets the following groups:
- Youths with special needs.
- Youths from poor households in ASAL areas and urban slums.
- Girls from poor families
- Students from families with meager incomes
- The destitute or OVCs
- Orphans whose guardians earn meager incomes
IDENTIFICATION PROCEDURE /GUIDELINES
The allocation of KISWCD bursaries will be based on the following guidelines:
- An application form for a KISWCD Bursary will be supplied to the potential beneficiaries free of charge.
- They will be available at KISWCD offices or they will be downloaded from institutions’ website.
- KISWCD will also advertise the Bursary programme through the media, circulars to DEOs, Churches, CBOs and NGOs and through the Provincial Administration.
- Beneficiaries must be enrolled in KISWCD (for continuing students) to qualify for bursary application.
- For new applicants, they must posses an admission letter from KISWCD.
KISWCD BURSARY COMMITTEE
The Bursary Committee will be charged with the responsibility of processing application forms
- They will decide on the proportion of funds to be allocated to each student.
- The Committee will put in place a monitoring and evaluation process.
- They will evaluate and recommend to the Management those to be awarded the bursaries.
- KISWCD Management will award the bursaries to the deserving students.
- The decision of the management will be final.
- The list of beneficiaries shall be displayed by the institution on the notice boards and on the website.
RANGE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO BENEFICIARIES
Full tuition fees
Kshs 20,000 to cover tuition expenses
Kshs 10,000 to cover tuition expense
Kshs 5,000 to cover tuition expenses
The following will not be covered by the bursary.
- Local traveling
- External examination
CRITERIA FOR AWARDING THE BURSARIES
- Applicants must have attained a minimum of C- mean grade in K.C.S.E for Diploma and D+ in K.C.S.E for certificate courses.
- Applicants MUST have an admission letter from the Institute.
- They must be from families with meager incomes or the destitute or OVCs
- All levels of courses will benefit from the bursary scheme.
- Applicants must show prove that they are capable of financing their upkeep expenses.
- To qualify for consideration, applicants must fill in the bursary application forms and submit letters of recommendations as requested in the form.
- Beneficiaries must be individuals of high moral character.
- Beneficiaries must be willing to finish the course
- The student must adhere to and observe all conditions stipulated in the Institution’s academic policy and code of conduct.
- The beneficiary must conform to all the requirements, rules and regulations of the scholarship award failure to which scholarship will be discontinued.
- Sponsorship caters for Tuition and Textbooks only.
PROCEDURE TO ENHANCE ACCOUNTABILITY
To ensure that the process is transparent enough;
- Bursaries will be awarded immediately to identified students.
- All those who have benefited will be displayed on notice boards at the institution and on the website
- Those who do not take up their positions will have to forfeit their bursaries.
- Completed forms should be submitted by the applicants to KISWCD for processing.
The bursaries will be awarded every semester. The bursary programme will be reviewed from time to time to match the ever changing economic trends.
The institution reserves the right to discontinue the bursary on matters relating to gross misconduct and/or extreme cases of indiscipline from the recipient.
Kenya Institute of Social Work and Community Development Contacts
SOUTHERN HOUSE, 2ND FLOOR, located Off – Moi Avenue opposite meridian hotel
P.O. Box 57961 00200
Telephone: +254 020 317995/ 2248637/ 2249362
+254 713 844 333, 254 733 727 406
Fax: +254 020 2247539.
Mobile: +254 734 201972
+254 724 772878