St. Johns Teachers College Kilimambogo was started in 1913 by the Holy Ghost Fathers as an outpost of Kalimoni Catholic Mission. It is situated along Thika – Garissa road approximately 25 kilometres from Thika town.
The college is set at the foot of Kilimambogo hill from which it got its named. The climate in the area is dry and sunny most of the year except in April and December when rains are experienced. Although, the environment within the college is serene and conducive for learning due to the beautiful flowers and the neatly lawn fields.
St. Johns Teachers College Kilimambogo is guided by its mission which is ‘to train primary school teachers equipped with desirable skills, knowledge and attitudes, responsive to the challenges of a dynamic society’. The college motto, vision and mission are inculcated in the college anthem as a constant reminder of the same.
After the inception of the college in 1913, it developed into a full primary school and a seminary. In 1946, the Holy Ghost Fathers started a Teacher Training College at Kilimambogo with 11 students. In 1968, the first batch of 50 female students was admitted to the college. In 1970, the college was amalgamated with Riara women’s Teachers Training College and handed over to the government with 370 students and has since grown to its current status.
Per Aspera Ad Astra meaning through the rough ways to the stars
To be a centre of excellence in quality education and training for effective teaching’. The college is also guided by its mission which is ‘to train primary school teachers equipped with desirable skills, knowledge and attitudes, responsive to the challenges of a dynamic society
Mobile no: +254 703129273
Landline: 020 2042663