Michuki Technical Training institute (MTTI) started as a youth training Centre in 1956. The land was donated to the community from the late senior chief Michuki whom the community regarded highly.
Between 1978 and 1980, the European Economic Community donated funds towards the construction of Classes, Staff Houses and provision of teaching tools and equipments. In the same year the school was converted into Michuki Technical high school until 1986 when it was converted to Technical Training institute. In 1990 September it was renamed to Kangema Technical Training Institute up to 2003 when the name was changed to original name as Michuki Technical Training Institute under the certificate of registration No. MOEST/PC/806/2003.
Michuki Technical Training Institute operates under the Education Act as stipulated in the laws of Kenya. The Institute’s operations are also carried out in accordance with the Government policies and procedures as spelt out in official documents and circulars. The institute is conscious of the Government’s policy of industrialization by the year 2020, and the vision 2030. It is gearing towards playing a significant and leading role in the fulfillment of this policy.
The Institute is managed by the BOG appointed by the Minister for Higher Education Science and Technology as stipulated by the Education Act (1968, Revised 1982). The responsibilities of the Board of Governors include recruitment of the teaching and non-teaching staff, financial management, overall conduct, discipline and maintenance of the institute’s physical facilities.
To become a leader in provision of Technical, Industrial, Vocational, Entrepreneurial Training in Kenya and beyond.
To provide high quality Technical, Industrial, Vocational, Entrepreneurial Training in a conducive environment using appropriate technology to empower trainees for individual and national development.
• To produce relevant, competent and quality human resource for the labour market.
• To actively and continuously transfer technology to address community and industrial needs.
• To generate applied knowledge in ICT and other emerging areas.
• In pursuit of its vision and mission, MTTI will be guided by the following core values
• Quality Services
• Technological Innovations and Creativity
• Leadership and Team work
• Professionalism and Ethics
• Education & training.
• Management of resources, facilities and the environment.
• Provision of conducive learning environment.
• Manage and expand the production units.
• Promote creativity and innovation through research.
Courses Offered at Michuki Technical Training Institute
Michuki Technical Training Institute Fees Structure
Michuki Technical Training Institute Admission Requirements
Michuki Technical Training Institute Application Forms
Michuki Technical Training Institute Contacts
Michuki Technical Training Institute
P.O BOX 4-10202
Telephone No: 020-3526533 or 0725912313