Lake Institute of Tropical Medicine is a tertiary health science college with its Main campus in Kisumu city. The other satellite campus is in Kerugoya Township. Since 2004 the institution has trained hundred of students in various courses.
Lake Institute of Tropical Medicine is a training organisation which provides a high quality, flexible learning environment.
The college is located in very conducive environment for learning at the former Lake Nursing Home, Off Mito Jura Road, near Kibuye Catholic Church in Kisumu City. Lake Institute of Tropical Medicine is situated on the grounds and buildings of what used to be known as Lake Nursing Home in Kisumu City. Like other Institutions in this country, Lake institute of Tropical Medicine had a humble beginning when its two initial Directors conceptualized the idea of creating and running a Medical Training Institution. The two Directors carried out a predestined business site selection and settled for its present site.
1. Craft in Nutrition and Dietetics (KNEC)
2. Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics (KNEC)
3. Diploma in Social Work and Community Development (KNEC)
4. Craft in Social Work and Community Development (KNEC)
5. Diploma in Applied Biology (KNEC)
6. Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (KNEC)
7. Diploma in Food Science and Technology (KNEC)
8. Craft in Science Laboratory Technology (KNEC)
The college offers other courses apart from the ones mentioned above
Contact the institution using the below details for more information
P.O Box 370-40100
Tel: 0713-874535, 0788-520582