Kenya Utalii College is a leading training college in Hospitality and Tourism. For many years the institution has acquired accreditation by International Air Travel Agency (IATA) and its also an affiliate member of United Nations World Tourism Organization.
Kenya Utalii College is renowned for providing world class training for the Hospitality and Tourism industry both locally and internationally.
The college has also partnered with one of the leading public Universities, University of Nairobi, in offering two degree programs; Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management and Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism Management. The two programmes have boosted the provision of quality training in the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
Increased linkages between the College and the Hospitality and Tourism industry stakeholders has seen most KUC graduates get internships and jobs in leading establishments within the industry. The institution is closely linked to the industry through the Tourism industry/Kenya Utalii College Liaison Committee. Some of the institution's alumni have secured jobs internationally, regionally and locally- a move that re-affirms Kenya Utalii College's position as a market leader in Hospitality and Tourism training in Africa.
To be a globally recognized and transformative premier tourism and hospitality training centre.
To develop highly qualified and globally competitive human resource for the hospitality and tourism industry by providing; quality tourism, hospitality education, purposeful research and consultancy.
In pursuit of its vision and mission, the College will at all times be guided the following fundamental core values:
1. Integrity: We operate in an honest, trustworthy and transparent manner
2. Commitment: We are dedicated towards achieving our mandate.
3. Leadership : We have the courage to shape a better future for our institution.
4. Accountability: We will perform in a manner at all times that makes us accountable, responsible and answerable to our customers and other stakeholders both external and internal.
5. Diversity: We believe in diversity and inclusion and thus constantly seek fresh approaches, new ideas and different outlooks to achieve success.
6. Quality: We believe in delivering excellent services.
7. Professionalism: We believe in excellent skills, good judgement and behavior as expected in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Kenya Utalii College management is committed to sustaining its mandate of training qualified professionals for the hospitality and tourism industry. The College management also commits itself to enhancing its research and consultancy services for the continued advancements of the hospitality tourism sector. In addition, the management will ensure compliance with the requirements of the Quality Management Systems and undertake continuous review, so as to meet the demands of the changing hospitality and tourism industry.
To undertake hospitality and tourism training and capacity building for the tourism sector.