The Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) is a Government Institution under the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology. KTTC was established with the primary objective of training technically skilled personnel; to not only teach in Technical Institutions, but, also for employment in all sectors of the economy.
The Kenya Technical Trainers College (KTTC) opened its doors to the first students in 1978. Since then, the college has continued to develop, in terms of courses and student enrollment.
KTTC derives its authority from the Education Act Cap 211 (revised in 1980) and Legal Notice N0 242 of 1978, which mandates it to train technical teachers for technical institutions in the country.
Over the years, KTTC has continued to produce technical teachers for our secondary schools, youth polytechnics, technical institutes, institutes of technology and national polytechnics.
Students enrolling in the technical teacher education programs are offered different areas of specialization from the technical field. All trainees are also expected to study physical education and entrepreneurship education.
The core functions of KTTC are as follows:
• Training of Technical Trainers to teach in secondary schools and tertiary institutions.
• Implementation of various syllabi under TIVET Programs in collaboration with stakeholders.
• Development of relevant syllabi for technical training in collaboration with stakeholders.
• To develop, administer and process examinations and award certificates, diploma, and higher diploma to successful candidates.
• Development and implementation of curricula in response to demands of the labor market.
• Promotion of entrepreneurial skill and culture within the KTTC staff and students.
• Undertaking of Income generating activities through production, consultancy, and tailor made short courses, part-time courses, facility hiring and hospitality services to complement government grants and fees revenue.
• To conduct applied research and promote innovation.
• To foster linkages with industry and other institutions for promotion of quality and relevant training.
A first class Institution in Technical Teacher Education and Technology.
To provide quality training in technical teacher education and technology by offering relevant programmes.
Training of technical teachers for all technical training institution in the country.
Our core values
• Transparency and Accountability
• Professionalism and Integrity
• Innovation and Creativity
• Quality Service Delivery
• Diligence and Commitment to Duty
• Efficiency and Timeliness
• Flexibility in Service Delivery
Courses Offered at Kenya Technical Trainers College
Kenya Technical Trainers College Admission Requirements
Kenya Technical Trainers College Fees Structure
Kenya Technical Trainers College Application Forms
Kenya Technical Trainers College Contact Information
Kenya Technical Trainers College Contacts
UN Avenue, Gigiri
P.O. BOX 44600-00100,
Tel: 020 7120212/3/4
Fax: 020 7120088