Kenya Medical Training College Kakamega Campus a long history dating back to 1922 when it started training Health Workers who qualified as Medical attendants. The training of enrolled nurses started in 1952 while that of Environmental Health Sciences was inaugurated in 1979. The faculty of Medical Laboratory Technology (now Medical Laboratory Sciences) was introduced in 1981.
The three faculties offered certificate courses until 1994 when Medical Laboratory Sciences started a diploma course, followed by nursing department in 2000. Environmental Health Sciences introduced in-service diploma courses in September 2001. In addition to the three regular progammes, the Nursing faculty started upgrading of enrolled nurses to diploma level in September 2005.
MTC Kakamega is situated in Kakamega town, next to the Provincial General Hospital, Kakamega.
P.O.BOX 535, Kakamega