Bushiangala Technical Training Institute is situated in Kakamega South Sub-County in Kakamega County. It is located off Sigalagala –Bukura road approximately 10 Kilometers from Sigalagala and about 18 Kilometers from Kakamega Town.
This Institute was started as a skills upgrading centre in 1991 by voluntary service oversees over years under the support of the European Economic Commission. The main objective of the Institute was to upgrade skills for Youth Polytechnic graduates, instructors and managers.
The Voluntary Service Overseas Group withdrew from the institute in 1993 and it was taken over by the Ministry of labour which replaced the short term training courses with Artisan and Craft courses. The then Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology formally took over the running of Bushiangala Technical Training Institute in 2008.
The institute has acquired a parcel of land measuring 12 hectares and it is in the process of acquiring more land.
It has a modern Administration block; Tuition block, laboratory complex, workshops, men and ladies hostels and ultra-modern resource center which is nearing completion.
To be a Centre of Excellence in Technical and Scientific Training for Socio-economic development
The Mission of BUSTTI is defined as follows:
• To provide quality scientific and technical training
• To train and produce knowledgeable, skilled, innovative graduates
• To inculcate adequate skills in the trainees for the dynamic market and industry
Bushiangala TTI will be guided by the following values:
• Accountability: The institute fraternity and stakeholders makes decisions that influence their lives.
• Honesty and Integrity: BUSTTI members act with honesty and integrity and with respect for the individuals
• Equity: BUSTTI provide services are provided fairly to all people and groups, taking into account special needs
• Partnerships: BUSTTI values and strengthens collaboration with our stakeholders and the wider community in achieving the best possible outcomes.
• Quality: BUSTTI always review our performance to continually improve our service.
• Health and Safety: BUSTTI has created and will continue providing a safe workplace culture for our employees, stakeholders and the community.
• Gender Sensitivity: In order to uphold the principle of gender equality and fairness, BUSTTI accords equal opportunities to both sexes.
• Concern for the physically challenged: BUSTTI is committed to providing training to all learners, including those with special needs.
Courses Offered at Bushiangala Technical Training Institute
Bushiangala Technical Training Institute Application Form
Bushiangala Technical Training Institute Contacts
Bushiangala Technical Training Institute Fees Structure
Bushiangala Technical Training Institute Admission Requirements
Bushiangala Technical Training Institute (BUSTTI)
P.O. BOX 2227-50100, KAKAMEGA