Searching for Catholic University of Eastern Africa Admission Requirements? Find the Catholic University of Eastern Africa Admission Requirements for different courses.
• Must have obtained a minimum mean grade of D+ in Kenta certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent.( C plain or Pass or credit in respective subjects)
• Obtained subsidiary passes in A level or International Baccalaureate or its equivalent
• Any other qualification approved by the University Senate.
• Obtained a mean grade of C plain in Kenya Certificate of Secondary School Examination (KCSE) or its equivalent
• Obtained subsidiaries or a principal pass in Advanced certificate (A level) or credit pass in International Baccalaureate
• Obtained a credit pass at certificate level,
• Must have obtained C plain or credit pass in subjects related to the course applied for.
• Advanced Diploma in Planning and Management of Development Projects applicants must have an Ordinary Diploma from a recognized Institution.
Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree programmes
• KCSE holders must have a minimum mean grade of C+ (Plus).
• Advanced Certificate of Education GCE or A-levels applicants must have at least 2 principal passes and one subsidiary pass or its equivalent and must have passed in subjects related to the course applied for.
• Diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the University Senate.
• Advanced Diploma in a Relevant field, applicant must have an ordinary diploma from a recognized institution,
• Applicants for Advanced Diploma in Teaching in Higher Education must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
• Pre-University certificate with a mean of c+ (plus) and above from a recognized institution, and must have scored a C in KSCE or its equivalent.
• Must have satisfied the minimum University entry requirement in their country and meet departmental requirements for the subject applied for.
• Candidates from non-English speaking countries shall be required to pass a special entrance exam set by CUEA and demonstrate proficiency in written and spoken English or have acquired a TOEFL score of 530 [paper based test] OR 2.3 [computer based test] or a score of at least 7.0 on the international English language Test System or their equivalent.
• Bachelor of Commerce applicants must have a minimum grade of C plain in both Mathematics and English a principle pass in A-levels or its equivalent.
• Applicants for Bachelor of Laws should have a B plain in English in KCSE or a principle pass in A-levels or its equivalent.
• Advanced Certificate of Education with a minimum of 2 principal passes and a subsidiary in General Paper with a total of 10 points or the equivalent
• Diploma or professional certificate in a relevant discipline from an institution recognized by the Senate OR
• A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Bachelor of Science applicants in Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry must have a minimum grade of C plain in Mathematics and in the area they are specializing in or a principle pass in A-levels or its equivalent.
• Bachelor of Science applicants in Computer Science must have a minimum grade of C plain in Mathematics at KCSE or a principle pass in A-levels or its equivalent.
• Bachelor of Education applicants must have a minimum grade of C+ (plus) in the subjects at KCSE or a principle pass in A-levels or its equivalent.
• Bachelor of Education applicants with P1 Certificate or Diploma in a relevant area of study.
• School of Continuing Professional Studies should have a minimum of C+ or the equivalency and at least a C+ in mathematics and English or two principal passes at A level with at least credit pass in both mathematics and English, KASNEB technician or professional examination certificate, degree from a recognized university and such other certificates or diplomas as may be approved by KASNEB
NOTE: Bridging Courses in Mathematics and English are also available at all campuses.
January, May and August for Day, Evening & weekend programme.
August, April & December for School/Holiday based Programmes