Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Admission Requirement
Freshman Admission Requirements:
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University is committed to admitting students whose academic records indicate a high potential for success. The university, consistent with its mission, is dedicated to providing higher education access and opportunity. We recognize that some students have potential for success not clearly evident through test scores alone.
Therefore, to be fully accepted into Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, one must have a Composite Predictive Index (CPI) score of 18 or higher. The CPI score is a combination of the high school grade point average (GPA) and ACT/SAT scores. The GPA however, cannot be lower than a 2.0.
Transfer /Re-admit Students:
Request that the registrar of each institution which you have attended forward an official copy of your transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Transfer/Re-admit students are considered for admission only when they have been in good standing with the institution from which they are transferring. This means that the student must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0, and not be on probation or suspension
Students who have been previously enrolled at the University but have been absent for a period of one semester or more must reapply to the University.
Students mush show evidence of high school completion. Special students must make application for admission each semester in attendance. Students admitted to the University as special students are permitted to take a maximum of 12 semester hours before meeting requirements for regular status.
Transient Student Admission Requirements:
Students must submit a letter of permission or good standing from the institution in attendance. Transient students must make application for admission each semester in attendance.
All applicants for admission are required to have a cumulative un-weighted grade point average (GPA) of a 2.0 and an American College Test (ACT) score of at least a 18 or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of at least a 1290.
International Students Admission Requirements:
The following information and materials must be in the Office of Admissions before an application for admission can be completely processed:
(1) An Affidavit of Support from sponsor, with seal or notarized (freshman & transfer students) and an official transcript from each institution attended (transfer students).
(2) An official high school transcript (or equivalent) or leaving certificate, (freshman students).
(3) Applicants for admission are required to take either the American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and have test results sent directly to the Office of Admissions, Alabama A & M University, ACT code #0002, SAT code #1003, (freshman students).
(4) The results of the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless English is spoken as a native language. A score of 500 is required. If applicant has successfully completed one year’s college coursework in an English speaking country, the TOEFL requirement may be waived.
(5) Local Exam Council Report (freshman students).
(6) A letter of recommendation from principal, counselor or college advisor (freshman & transfer students) or a letter of recommendation from the Dean of Students or Advisor at the school from which applicant is transferring.
In order to receive transfer credits from non-U.S. institutions, ALL transcripts must be first sent to the World Education Services, P.0. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, USA for evaluation on a comprehensive course-by-course report. You may also apply online at www.wes.org . To receive these transfer credits, a (course-by-course) evaluation must be done prior to entering the University. An 1-20 form will not be provided until all admissions requirements have been met and the required deposits submitted for one academic year. Financial aid and academic scholarships are NOT available to international students on “F-1” Visas.
Visit Website Here